Community Calendar for Saturday, June 30, 2018
- There is N’Chi Wana Pum Canoe pull practice this morning starting at 9am from Pelton Park Marina to Indian Park. The 2018 Power Paddle to Puyallup begins July 19th.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- The Madras Saturday Market is open from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- There is “Family Trivia” at Kahneeta Resort tonight at 7pm. It is a benefit for Relay for Life sponsored by Kahneeta. Fun and prizes for the whole family!
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 every Sunday. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Zone 6 Commercial Gillnet Fishery will be open from 6am Monday to 6pm Friday. The Zone 6 Platform and Hook & Line fishery regulations remain the same. You can receive Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission text alerts by sending the keyword CRITFC in a text message to the number 555-888.
Warm Springs Recreation’s 4th of July festivities will start with the annual parade. Line up begins at 9am at the old elementary school, judging is at 10 – the theme this year is “Honoring our Veterans & Warriors – Those who served in the United States Navy. The parade starts at 11 and a barbecue will start after at the community center. There’s a horseshoe tournament at noon and family fun games and contests all afternoon. The firework show starts at dusk.
The Todd Beamer Memorial Run is being held on the 4th of July in Madras. Events are a 6-mile walk, 5 and 10K runs and a 2-mile fun run. You can pre-register at macrecdistrict.com at a discount. Day of race registration starts at 6:15am at Sahalee Park. All proceeds go to the Todd Beamer Memorial Scholarship.
On the 4th of July, The Elk’s Breakfast in Madras is from 8-10am. The “Let Freedom Ring” 4th of July Celebration at Sahalee Park will begin with a parade at 10am. Family fun will follow in the park with lots of food and other vendors and music by “Fun Bobby”! The Crooked River Ranch Lion’s Miniature Train will be giving rides throughout the day to all kids.
The MAC Dash sprint triathlon is coming up August 11th at the Madras Aquatic Center. This volunteer-organized, community event benefits MAC youth programming. The MAC Dash consists of a 500-yard swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3-mile run. They have two events designed for youth: The FREE Middle MAC Dash is a timed event designed for youth 11-14 who are ready for the next level of competition. The Mini MAC Dash, a free event for children under 10 years old, happens later the same morning. Get more info and register online http://www.macdash.org/