Community Calendar for Friday July 27, 2018
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers is being hosted by the Jefferson County Fairgrounds this morning at 8:00.
- Nutritious summer meals are provided to kids 18 and under, free of charge through the Summer Food Service Meal Program. Breakfast and lunch are served at the Warm Springs Youth Center from 8:45-9:15 and 12-12:30; and in Madras at Westside School 7:45-8:45 and 12-12:30.
- The Kah-Nee-Ta Gift Shops are having 50% off sales for tribal members today through July 31. You must show tribal identification for discounts. The Village Gift Shop Hours are Monday-Thursday 10am to 8pm, Friday-Sunday 9 til 8. The Lodge Gift Shop is open from 10am to 6pm Monday thru Thursday and from 9 until 7:00 on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Here are some fitness activities happening today: Senior Fitness class is at 10 at the Senior Center, PiYo Class at 12:10 in Pod A at the Clinic and Functional Fitness Class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room.
- After senior fitness class today, participants can eat brunch. Today they are having tortilla soup & fresh fruit.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Today is Senior Citizen Day at the Jefferson County Fair at the Fair Complex in Madras. Exhibits open at 10am. The Carnival opens at noon today. Homestead Tours will be from 1-3pm. The NPRA Pro Rodeo is at 7 tonight and live music will follw with Nate Botsford at 9.
- The Madras Saturday Market will be open tomorrow from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- There is a Choctaw Community Cultural Meeting in Portland on Sunday at 2pm at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel. The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma invites members and their families to participate.
- Warm Springs Baptist Church invites folks to hymn singing this Sunday at 5:30. Refreshments will follow.
The Museum at Warm Springs invites folks to see the traveling Veteran’s Banner Exhibit it is hosting through September. “Patriot Nations – Native Americans in our Armed Forces” comes to Warm Springs from the National Museum of the American Indian.
The Madras High School Football Program is hosting a youth football camp for kids in Kindergarten thru 8th grades July 31-August 2 from 5:30-7pm at the MHS football field. The cost is $30 per child. For more information contact Coach Taylor at 503-312-9680 or email him email@example.com
The Northern Paiute Powwow and Lacrosse Medicine Games are August 4-5 at the Harney County Fairgrounds in Burns. There is a community dinner on Saturday. Grand entries are Saturday at 1 & 7pm and Sunday at noon.