Community Calendar for Friday July 6, 2018
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program provides nutritious summer meals to all children 18 and under at no cost every weekday. Breakfast is served at the Bridges Program at Westside School in Madras at 7:45-8:45 and lunch at noon. In Warm Springs, breakfast is from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30 at the Youth Center.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market is open today from 9am until 1pm in front of Re-Use It Thrift Store featuring fresh produce, value-added foods, Native art and more. It will be set up tomorrow on campus by Kalama’s Fry Bread
- Here are some fitness activities happening today: Senior Fitness class is at 10:45 at the Senior Center, PiYo Class at 12:10 in Pod A at the Clinic and Functional Fitness Class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room.
- After senior fitness class today, participants can eat lunch. Today they are having roast beef sandwiches and cucumber melon salad.
- American Legion Post 48 is having a food fundraiser today from 11am to 1pm in the Warm Springs Market Parking lot. Proceeds will go toward expenses for Post 48 participation in the 2018 National Convention.
- There is a fundraiser for the Blazing Blazers today across from the store – they are selling Anita’s BBQ rib plates starting at 11am until they are sold out. Right after the BBQ Luncheon, a 50/50 drawing will be held, tickets are being sold at the sale.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Madras Possibilities Thrift Store is having a sale today to benefit Relay for Life – Jefferson County. It is open 9:30am to 5:30pm and is located at 1412 Highway 97 in Madras.
- The Madras Saturday Market will be open tomorrow from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- There is N’Chi Wana Pum Canoe pull practice tomorrow starting at 9am from Pelton Park Marina to Indian Park.
The Museum at Warm Springs is once again participating in the Blue Star Museum Program. It offers free admission to the nation’s active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The Museum is open Tuesday thru Saturday from 9am to 5pm. It is closed Sunday & Monday.
The 2018 Summer Jam Film Festival in Warm Springs is on July 14th at Community Center social hall. Doors open at 6pm. There will be raffle prizes and films by Brutis Baez, Laronn Katchia, Rez Hogs, Valiant Productions, students and more.
You can support KWSO radio by becoming a KWSO sustaining member. Sustaining members are ongoing, monthly contributors to Warm Springs Community Radio. You can sign up to give $10 or $20 each month with your contribution automatically deducted from your credit card or bank account. Go to www.kwso.org and click on the “Contribute Now” button. All support helps and is appreciated!