Community Calendar for Monday July 9, 2018
- Nutritious summer meals are provided to kids 18 and under, free of charge through the Summer Food Service Meal Program. Kids can get breakfast from 8:45-9:15 and lunch at noon at the Warm Springs Youth Center. In Madras, breakfast is at 7:45 and lunch at noon at Westside School.
- Tribal Council will meet today. On the agenda this morning is an update on Indian Head Casino and Plateau Travel Plaza; a Gaming Compact Amendment; and Fee to Trust for the Travel Plaza. This afternoon will be a Grazing Ordinance Update; the IRMP-3 Document; and the 2019 Budget
- Here are today’s fitness activities: Senior Fitness Class is at 10am at the Senior Center; at 12:10 there is Functional Fitness in the Aerobics Room and Pi-Yo class at the I H S atrium.
- Senior fitness class participants are invited to eat brunch at 11– today they are having Cajun chicken salad.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at their office in the industrial park. Learn more by calling 553-4952.
- Victims of Crime Services has a Women’s Support Group today at the VOCS office, 1108 Wasco Street, behind the Old Boys’ Dorm. It’s from 3-5pm.
- There is an Open House for Warm Springs Water & Wastewater today at 5:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. This will be an opportunity for community members to ask questions about the Notice of Violation for Sidwalter/Warm Springs Water Treatment Plants and the Consumer Confidence Reports that will be distributed for all 3 community water systems. This information is available on the Tribal Website and included in the Spilyay Tymoo. There will be additional information provided on water and sewer projects at the open house.
- There’s a bingo game night fundraiser this evening from 6-10pm at the Warm Springs Fire Management building. There are lots of bingo prizes and they will also have a Mexican Style Dinner sale – taco salad, tacos, enchiladas, rice & beans, posole, and chips & salsa. Proceeds go to the Blazing Blazers girls basketball team who is traveling to Orlando, Florida for the National AAU Basketball Championships this month.
- Aglow Bible Study is this evening at High Lookee Lodge from 6:15-7:30. Everyone is welcome.
- The Boys & Girls Club is having a t-ball league for members this summer. Kids ages 5-8 will learn the basics, teamwork and have some fun. It’s every Tuesday & Thursday – make sure kids wear athletic shoes to participate.
Warm Springs Culture & Heritage Program will host a community photo night on Wednesday, July 18 from 6-8:00 at the Greeley Heights Community Building. They invite community members to learn about their photo preservation work and to help identify people in the photos that span the 1950’s through 2000.
They Youth Center Facility is now shared with the Prevention & Family Preservation programs. They are located on the South end of the building. To ensure youth safety during Boys & Girls Club Program Hours, all adults going to the Prevention or Family Preservation offices, need to use the South Entrance doors off of Wasco Street.