Community Calendar for Saturday, July 7, 2018
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market is open today from 9am until 1pm on campus by Kalama’s Fry Bread. The Outdoor Market features fresh produce, value-added foods, Native art and more.
- The Madras Saturday Market is open from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- The N’Chi Wana Pum Canoe Family has practice today. They will pull from the Pelton Park Marina to Indian Park starting at 9am.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- There is a free Family Trivia Night this evening at 7:00 at Kahneeta. Everyone is welcome.
- An Open House for Warm Springs Water & Wastewater is coming up on Monday at 5:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. This will be an opportunity for community members to ask questions about the Notice of Violation for Sidwalter/Warm Springs Water Treatment Plants and the Consumer Confidence Reports that will be distributed for all 3 community water systems. This information is available on the Tribal Website and included in the latest Spilyay Tymoo. There will be additional information provided on water and sewer projects at the open house.
- There’s a bingo game night fundraiser on Monday from 6-10pm at the Warm Springs Fire Management building. There are lots of bingo prizes and they will also have a Mexican Style Dinner sale – taco salad, tacos, enchiladas, rice & beans, posole, and chips & salsa. Proceeds go to the Blazing Blazers girls basketball team who is traveling to Orlando, Florida for the National AAU Basketball Championships this month.
The Warm Springs Police Department has an Anonymous Crime Tip Line 541-553-2202. If you have information about criminal activity and wish to report without identifying yourself, call this Tip Line to leave a message. There is no caller ID used on this line – you can remain completely anonymous. The number is 553-2202.
Warm Springs head Start and Early Head Start are recruiting children for the next school year. Early Head Start is for child up to age 3, and Head Start is for 3-5 year olds. Call or stop by ECE to get an application.
The 11th annual MAC Dash Sprint Triathlon will be held on Saturday, August 11th. Volunteers are needed to help with the event which consists of swimming, bicycling and running. All volunteers receive a free t-shirt and lunch. They need help in the pool area, bike and run routes and at the finish line. If you would like to help, send an email to Jim Gemelas. Let him know which area you want to volunteer, if you have no preference he will assign you. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
The Madras High School Football Program is hosting a youth football camp for kids in Kindergarten thru 8th grades. It’s July 31-August 2 from 5:30-7pm at the MHS football field. The cost is $30 per child. For more information contact Coach Taylor at 503-312-9680 or email him at email@example.com
They Youth Center Facility is now shared with the Prevention & Family Preservation programs. They are located on the South end of the building. To ensure youth safety during Boys & Girls Club Program Hours, all adults going to the Prevention or Family Preservation offices, need to use the South Entrance doors off of Wasco Street.
KWSO is once again joining with other Oregon Community Media stations to broadcast the Waterfront Blues Festival – today is the last day and you can hear it from Noon -10pm. Kick back and enjoy live music from the largest Blues Festival west of the Mississippi! You can support programming like the Blues Festival by becoming a KWSO sustaining member. Sign up for an automatic deduction from you credit card or bank account. You can give $10 or $20 a month. Learn more at www.kwso.org – click on the “Contribute Now” button.