Community Calendar for Sunday July 8, 2018
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Greeley Heights Community Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- There is a Fusion Fitness Class every Monday & Wednesday morning at 6:00 at the community center aerobics room. The class is suitable for all fitness levels.
- An Open House for Warm Springs Water & Wastewater is coming up tomorrow at 5:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. This will be an opportunity for community members to ask questions about the Notice of Violation for Sidwalter/Warm Springs Water Treatment Plants and the Consumer Confidence Reports that will be distributed for all 3 community water systems. This information is available on the Tribal Website and included in the latest Spilyay Tymoo. There will be additional information provided on water and sewer projects at the open house.
- There’s a bingo game night fundraiser tomorrow from 6-10pm at the Warm Springs Fire Management building. There are lots of bingo prizes and they will also have a Mexican Style Dinner sale – taco salad, tacos, enchiladas, rice & beans, posole, and chips & salsa. Proceeds go to the Blazing Blazers girls basketball team who is traveling to Orlando, Florida for the National AAU Basketball Championships this month.
- The Boys & Girls Club is having a t-ball league for members this summer. Kids ages 5-8 will learn the basics, teamwork and have some fun. It’s every Tuesday & Thursday – make sure kids wear athletic shoes to participate.
The MAC Dash sprint triathlon is coming up August 11th at the Madras Aquatic Center. This volunteer-organized, community event benefits MAC youth programming. The MAC Dash consists of a 500-yard swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3-mile run. They have two events designed for youth: The FREE Middle MAC Dash is a timed event designed for youth 11-14 who are ready for the next level of competition. The Mini MAC Dash, a free event for children under 10 years old, happens later the same morning. Get more info and register at http://www.macdash.org/
An extended family gathering for all direct descendants of Billy Chinook and Annie Holliquilla and their families will take place in Warm Springs August 18-19. From 10am to 5pm each day they will meet at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall for a potluck lunch, socializing and getting acquainted with new found relatives. Don’t forget to bring a camera, old family photos and stories.