Community Calendar for Thursday July 26, 2018
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program provides nutritious summer meals to all children 18 and under at no cost. In Warm Springs, meals are provided at the Youth Center at 8:45 and noon. And, in Madras at Westside School at 7:45 and noon.
- Today is the last day of vacation bible school at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. It’s for kids in Kindergarten thru 5th grade from 9am to noon.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: Indian tacos and watermelon. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Fitness activities scheduled for today at the Community Wellness Center: There’s Boot Camp class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall.
- Today is Kids Day at the Jefferson County Fair at the Fair Complex in Madras. Exhibits open at 10am. Homestead Tours will be from 1-3pm. The Carnival opens at 2 this afternoon. It’s a Family Fun Night in the Corwin Arena at 6. There will be live music at 6 with the Tigers of Youth followed by Countryfied at 7.
- Warm Springs Prevention Program is having a Family Movie Night under the Stars at 9 this evening on the lawn in front of the Behavioral Health Center. They will watch the movie Rampage.
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers will be hosted by the Jefferson County Fairgrounds tomorrow at 8am.
- Kah-Nee-Ta Gift Shops are having 50% off sales for tribal members with a tribal identification card tomorrow thru July 31. The Village Gift Shop Hours are Monday-Thursday 10am to 8pm, Friday-Sunday 9 til 8. The Lodge Gift Shop is open from 10am to 6pm Monday thru Thursday and from 9 until 7:00 on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up next Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 1pm both days – Friday in the parking lot in front of Re-Use It Thrift Store and Saturday on campus near Kalama’s Fry Bread. The Outdoor Market is every other weekend thru August. Contact the Community Action Team office if you are interested in being a vendor.
The Head Start Program at the Warm Springs Early Childhood Education Center is recruiting for Early Head Start and Head Start classes this fall. Registration is open. Classroom selections will be made in August – so please complete the registration process as soon as possible.
Camp Naimuma is coming up August 5th – 10th. You can still sign kids up at the Old Boys Dorm
A fundraising 4-person golf scramble to benefit the Madras High School Football Program will be held August 11 at 10am at Kahneeta Golf Course. Entry includes green fees, cars and lunch. To register now, contact Coach Kurt Taylor, Butch David or Jake Young. You may also sign up at the golf course on the day of the tournament.