Community Calendar for Thursday July 5, 2018
- All children age 18 and younger can get free, nutritious summer meals thanks to the Summer Food Service Meal Program. In Warm Springs, breakfast is served from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30 at the Youth Center. In Madras, breakfast starts at 7:45 and lunch at noon at Westside School.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: Spaghetti with whole wheat pasta, salad, garlic bread & fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Fitness activities scheduled for today at the Community Wellness Center: There’s Boot Camp class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall.
- The Fish & Wildlife Committee will meet today in conference room 3 at the administration building from 3-5pm
- The Madras Downtown Park and Play organization is having its First Thursday event this evening, featuring live music, performers, food, and retail vendors from 5 to 9. This is happening the first Thursday of each month through September. The entertainment will be held along 5th Street from “C” to “E” Streets. If you’re interested in being a vendor or performer at the events, or just want more information, visit their website DowntownParkandPlay.com.
- Art Adventure Gallery is having an opening reception for its July exhibit – Five Decades: A Look Back at the Works of Thomas Zalewski tonight from 5:30-7 at the gallery located at 185 SW 5th Street in Madras.
- Madras Possibilities Thrift Store is having a sale today and tomorrow to benefit Relay for Life – Jefferson County. It is open 9:30am to 5:30pm and is located at 1412 Highway 97 in Madras.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market is will be open tomorrow from 9am until 1pm in front of Re-Use It Thrift Store featuring fresh produce, value-added foods, Native art and more. It will be set up Saturday on campus by Kalama’s Fry Bread
- American Legion Post 48 is having a food fundraiser tomorrow from 11am to 1pm in the Warm Springs Market Parking lot. Proceeds will go toward expenses for Post 48 participation in the 2018 National Convention.
- There is a fundraiser for the Blazing Blazers tomorrow across from the store – they are selling Anita’s BBQ rib plates starting at 11am until they are sold out. Right after the BBQ Luncheon, a 50/50 drawing will be held, tickets are being sold at the sale.
The Warm Springs Boys & Girls Club is having a penny drive through the end of summer. The proceeds will go towards incentives, supplies, a playground and other things for the club. Stop by the Club to donate or contact Club Director June Smith if you have questions.
The 23rd Annual Pow-Wun-Putt Powwow in Roosevelt, Washington is July 13-15. Namegivings and memorials will be Friday at 10am. Grand entries are at 7pm Friday & Saturday and at 1pm on Sunday.
At KWSO we are having a Membership Drive now thru Sunday to celebrate summertime. We will be out and about in the community to give you a chance to sign up for a membership in person. You can always become a KWSO member by going online to www.kwso.org.