Community Calendar for Tuesday July 10, 2018
Funeral Arrangements for Alvagene April Charlie:
Burial is this morning at the Mouth of the Warm Springs River Cemetery at 6:30, they will leave the Shaker Church at 6:00.
- All children age 18 and younger can get free, nutritious summer meals on weekdays thanks to the Summer Food Service Meal Program. Breakfast is at 8:45 and lunch at noon at the Warm Springs Youth Center. In Madras, meals are at 7:45 and noon at Westside School and 8 & 11:30am at Buff Elementary.
- The Boys & Girls Club is having a t-ball league for members this summer. Kids ages 5-8 will learn the basics, teamwork and have some fun. It’s every Tuesday & Thursday – make sure kids wear athletic shoes to participate.
- The Range & Ag Committee meets this morning from 9:00 until noon in conference room 3 at the tribal administration building.
- Today’s Senior meal is pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal and fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Fitness activities happening during the noon hour at the Community Wellness Center today are Functional Fitness class in the social hall and Boot Camp class in the aerobics room. There is a Fusion Fitness Class tomorrow morning at 6:00 – suitable for all fitness levels – in the aerobics room.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- A licensed acupuncturist will be coming to Warm Springs for community acupuncture services. He will be here on a monthly basis, with the first session tomorrow from 8-11am in the aerobics room at the Community Center. All are welcome to attend and no appointment or referral is required. For questions please contact Katie Russell at 541-553-2460.
- Wellness of Warm Springs will meet on Thursday from noon to 1:00 at the Family Resource Center conference room. The topic is Managed Care. Everyone is welcome and lunch is served to all participants.
Warm Springs Culture and Heritage’s Camp Naimuma is coming up July 20-24 at the HeHe camp grounds. It’s open to the first 50 boys and 50 girls to sign up. The deadline to register is July 18. You can contact Culture and Heritage at 541-553-3290. Or send an email to Deanie Smith
Recent graduates who want to be on the list for the 2018 Fall Trust Fund Distribution need to provide their diplomas & transcripts to the Vital Statistics office as soon as possible. To be eligible, students needed a 2.00 GPA or better to qualify. There is an option to take basic classes online for one term to bring grade point averages up. Talk to Vital Stats for more info.
Registration is open for a Plateau Buckskin Dress Beaded Cape class. The first class is on July 24 from 5:30-6:30 at the Museum at Warm Springs. It is open to only six teams of family members. Find out more by contacting Tamera Moody 553-3331, extension 407.