Community Calendar for Tuesday July 31, 2018
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program provides nutritious summer meals to all children 18 and under at no cost. Breakfast and lunch are served at the Warm Springs Youth Center from 8:45-9:15 and 12-12:30; and in Madras at Westside School 7:45-8:45 and 12-12:30.
- Today is the last day of the Kah-Nee-Ta Gift Shops 50% off sales for tribal members. The Village Gift Shop Hours is open 10am to 8pm today and Lodge Gift Shop from 10am to 6pm.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is beef, shrimp & vegetable stir fry with wild rice. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Fitness activities happening during the noon hour at the Community Wellness Center today are Functional Fitness class in the social hall and Boot Camp class in the aerobics room. There is a Fusion Fitness Class tomorrow morning at 6:00 – suitable for all fitness levels – in the aerobics room.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Warm Springs JCP and Prevention are putting on Kids’ Bingo this afternoon at 2:00 at the Community Center Social Hall. It’s for families and kids to play together.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- Madras High School’s Football Program is hosting a youth football camp for kids in Kindergarten thru 8th grades today through Thursday from 5:30-7pm at the MHS football field. The cost is $30 per child. For more information contact Coach Taylor at 503-312-9680 or email him email@example.com
- Financial Skills for Families Class is tonight from 5:30-7:30 at the Community Action Team office on campus.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- Warm Springs Recreation’s Family Jamboree Day is tomorrow behind the Community Center from 3-7pm.
- The Wings Invitational Youth Track Meet is on Thursday at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy track. Registration begins at 5:15 and events at 6. It’s open to boys and girls ages 2-12. All participants receive a t-shirt and water bottle.
- Madras Downtown Park and Play is having its First Thursday event featuring live music, performers, food, and retail vendors this Thursday from 5 to 9pm. The entertainment will be held along 5th Street from “C” to “E” Streets.
- Art Adventure Gallery invites you to the opening reception for the Jana Charl solo exhibition “Makeover” on Thursday from 5:30-7pm at 185 SW 5th Street in Madras.
The Warm Springs Police Department has an Anonymous Crime Tip Line 541-553-2202. If you have information about criminal activity and wish to report without identifying yourself, call this Tip Line to leave a message. There is no caller ID used on this line – you can remain completely anonymous. The number is 553-2202.
Warm Springs head Start and Early Head Start are recruiting children for the next school year. Early Head Start is for child up to age 3, and Head Start is for 3-5 year olds. Call or stop by ECE to get an application.
The Museum at Warm Springs is once again participating in the Blue Star Museum Program. It offers free admission to the nation’s active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The Museum is open Tuesday thru Saturday from 9am to 5pm. It is closed Sunday & Monday.
Camp Naimuma is coming up August 5th – 10th. You can still sign kids up at the Old Boys Dorm