Community Calendar for Wednesday July 11, 2018
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program provides nutritious summer meals to all children 18 and under at no cost Monday thru Friday. In Warm Springs, meals are provided at the Youth Center at 8:45 and noon. In Madras, at Buff Elementary at 8 and 11:30am and Westside School at 7:45 and noon.
- A licensed acupuncturist is coming to Warm Springs for community acupuncture services. He will be here on a monthly basis, with the first session this morning from 8 to 11:00 in the aerobics room at the Community Center. All are welcome to attend and no appointment or referral is required. For questions please contact Katie Russell at 541-553-2460.
- Today’s fitness schedule: Water Aerobics at 9:15 at Kahneeta Village Pool; Senior Fitness Class at 10 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy brunch. On the menu today: Un-Sloppy Joes, sweet potato fries and fruit smoothies. At noontime it’s Pi-Yo class at the clinic atrium and at the Community Center is Functional Fitness Class in the aerobics room. Turbo Kick class at 4
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Warm Springs Presbyterian Church.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Wellness of Warm Springs will meet tomorrow from noon to 1:00 at the Family Resource Center conference room. The topic is Managed Care. Everyone is welcome and lunch is served to all participants.
- The 23rd Annual Pow-Wun-Putt Powwow in Roosevelt, Washington is July this weekend. Namegivings and memorials will be Friday at 10am. Grand entries are at 7pm Friday & Saturday and at 1pm on Sunday.
- The 2018 Summer Jam Film Festival in Warm Springs is on Saturday at Community Center social hall. Doors open at 6pm. There will be raffle prizes and films by Brutis Baez, Laronn Katchia, Rez Hogs, Valiant Productions, students and more.
The Museum at Warm Springs has a traveling Veteran’s Banner Exhibit on display through September. “Patriot Nations – Native Americans in our Armed Forces” comes to Warm Springs from the National Museum of the American Indian.
The Madras High School Football Program is hosting a youth football camp for kids in Kindergarten thru 8th grades. It’s July 31-August 2 from 5:30-7pm at the MHS football field. The cost is $30 per child. For more information contact Coach Taylor at 503-312-9680 or email him at email@example.com
They Youth Center Facility is now shared with the Prevention & Family Preservation programs. They are located on the South end of the building. To ensure youth safety during Boys & Girls Club Program Hours, all adults going to the Prevention or Family Preservation offices, need to use the South Entrance doors off of Wasco Street.
Recent graduates who want to be on the list for the 2018 Fall Trust Fund Distribution need to provide their diplomas & transcripts to the Vital Statistics office as soon as possible. To be eligible, students needed a 2.00 GPA or better to qualify. There is an option to take basic classes online for one term to bring grade point averages up. Talk to Vital Stats for more info.
Registration is open for a Plateau Buckskin Dress Beaded Cape class. The first class is on July 24 from 5:30-6:30 at the Museum at Warm Springs. It is open to only six teams of family members. Find out more by contacting Tamera Moody 553-3331, extension 407.