Community Calendar for Wednesday July 25, 2018
- All children age 18 and younger can get free, nutritious summer meals thanks to the Summer Food Service Meal Program. Breakfast is at 8:45 and lunch at noon at the Warm Springs Youth Center. In Madras, meals are at 7:45 and noon at Westside School and 8 & 11:30am at Buff Elementary.
- Warm Springs Baptist Church’s vacation bible school is happening today and tomorrow from 9am to noon for youth in kindergarten thru 5th
- Today’s fitness schedule: Water Aerobics at 9:15 at Kahneeta Village Pool; Senior Fitness Class at 10 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy brunch at 11. On the menu today: cantaloupe chicken & salad. At noontime it’s Pi-Yo class at the clinic atrium and at the Community Center is Functional Fitness Class in the aerobics room.
- Early Head Start has its Group Socialization today from 2-4pm at the Warm Springs Library.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Warm Springs Presbyterian Church.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Today is opening day at the Jefferson County Fair at the Fair Complex in Madras. It’s Honoring Veterans Day. A Veterans Breakfast will be served this morning at 8am. Exhibits open at 10am. Homestead Tours will be from 1-3pm. The Carnival opens at 2 this afternoon. Live music is at 8 this evening with the Box Canyon Bluegrass Band.
An extended family gathering for all direct descendants of Billy Chinook and Annie Holliquilla and their families will take place in Warm Springs August 18-19 at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. It will be a potluck lunch and socializing. Don’t forget to bring a camera, old family photos and stories.
The Western States Indian Rodeo Association’s regional finals will be held at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Madras August 25-26.
The Madras Downtown Park and Play organization will have its next First Thursday event featuring live music, performers, food, and retail vendors on August 2 from 5 to 9pm. The entertainment will be held along 5th Street from “C” to “E” Streets. If you’re interested in being a vendor or performer at this event or the one in September, or just want more information, visit www.DowntownParkandPlay.com.
The MAC Dash sprint triathlon is coming up August 11th at the Madras Aquatic Center to benefit MAC youth programming. The MAC Dash is a 500-yard swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3-mile run. They have two events designed for youth: The FREE Middle MAC Dash for youth 11-14 and the Mini MAC Dash, a free event for children under 10 years old. Get more info and register online up until August 5.
A reminder to anyone going to the Prevention or Family Preservation offices located in the Youth Center – to ensure youth safety during Boys & Girls Club Program Hours, all adults going to those offices should use the South Entrance doors off of Wasco Street.
The Boys & Girls Club of Warm Springs 4-person golf scramble fundraiser is coming up Saturday August 18 at 10am at Kahneeta Golf Course. Entry fee includes green fees, cart, a goodie bag and lunch and there will be chances to win golf packages, equipment, rounds and certificates. For more information contact Janell Smith 541-325-1472.