Community Calendar for Friday August 10, 2018
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers is being hosted by Alley’s Innovative Homes located at 10600 SW Green Drive in Culver this morning at 8.
- All children age 18 and younger can get free, nutritious summer meals thanks to the Summer Food Service Meal Program. Kids can get breakfast and lunch at the Warm Springs Youth Center from 8:45-9:15 and 12-12:30; and in Madras at Westside School 7:45-8:45 and 12-12:30.
- Here are some fitness activities happening today: Senior Fitness class is at 10 at the Senior Center, PiYo Class at 12:10 in Pod A at the Clinic and Functional Fitness Class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room.
- After senior fitness class today, participants can eat brunch. Today they are having tuna casserole, salad and fresh fruit.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Madras High School reunion for the Class of 1973 is tonight at 6pm at the Desert Inn Bar & Grill in Metolius and tomorrow at the Round Butte Observatory at 1pm. The Class of 1978 reunion is also tonight at the Rialto Tavern and tomorrow evening at the Desert Inn. Other classes are also welcome at both reunions
- A Wayne Pearson Memorial market will be held this Saturday from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park, during Madras Saturday Market, with a silent auction to help fund a women’s shelter. Musical entertainment will by Terri Comment with lively, old time piano favorites.
- There is a fundraising 4-person golf scramble to benefit the Madras High School Football Program tomorrow at 10am at Kahneeta Golf Course. Entry includes green fees, cars and lunch. Registration will be taken at the golf course on the day of the tournament.
- The 15th annual Mt Hood Meadows – Warm Springs Tribal Huckleberry Trip is Thursday August 16th. You can sign up and get details on the KWSO website. The Deadline to sign up is this Sunday.
The next Warm Springs outdoor Market will be August 17 & 18. Contact the Community Action Team office if you are interested in being a vendor.
The Western States Indian Rodeo Association’s regional finals will be held at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Madras August 25-26.
Non-food vendors are being sought for the “2018 Wi-Winu-Wash” Ceremony and Celebration at Ski Bowl West on Saturday September 22. Activities are planned from 9am – 4pm. There is no vendor fee but you do need to sign up for space. Plan on bringing what you need for your booth including cover. For artisan vendors – it would be great if you could do some demonstrations at your booth. To sign up – contact KWSO at 541-553-1968 with your name, number and what you will be selling.