Community Calendar for Friday August 3, 2018
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers is being hosted by Keith Manufacturing located at 401 NW Adler in the Madras Industrial Park this morning at 8:00.
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program provides nutritious summer meals to all children 18 and under at no cost. Breakfast and lunch are served at the Warm Springs Youth Center from 8:45-9:15 and 12-12:30; and in Madras at Westside School 7:45-8:45 and 12-12:30.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market is open today and tomorrow from 9am until 2pm in front of Re-Use It Thrift Store featuring fresh produce, value-added foods, Native art and more.
- The Friends of the Library will hold its annual book sale at the Rodriguez Annex in Madras today and tomorrow from 9am to 2pm.
- There is a fundraiser today for the Jamie Tohet “Chili Guy” Wild Horse Race Memorial. They are selling beef enchilada plates with Spanish rice, beans and a drink. They are taking orders and will deliver in the Agency area starting at 11am – 541-325-2518.
- Here are some fitness activities happening today: Senior Fitness class is at 10 at the Senior Center, PiYo Class at 12:10 in Pod A at the Clinic and Functional Fitness Class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room.
- After senior fitness class today, participants can eat a meal. Today they are having chicken salad sandwiches.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Community in the Park annual event is tomorrow from 9am to 4pm at Sahalee Park in Madras. Everyone is welcome to take part in free services of all kinds, food and entertainment.
- Shaniko Days is this weekend in Shaniko. There is a parade at 10am Saturday and a street dance from 7-10pm. They will have music, activities, and vendors of all kinds through the weekend.
- The Northern Paiute Powwow and Lacrosse Medicine Games are Saturday & Sunday 5 at the Harney County Fairgrounds in Burns. There is a community dinner on Saturday. Grand entries are Saturday at 1 & 7pm and Sunday at noon.
A fundraising 4-person golf scramble to benefit the Madras High School Football Program will be held August 11 at 10am at Kahneeta Golf Course. Entry includes green fees, cars and lunch. To register now, contact Coach Kurt Taylor, Butch David or Jake Young. You may also sign up at the golf course on the day of the tournament.
The 15th annual Mt Hood Meadows – Warm Springs Tribal Huckleberry Trip is Thursday August 16th. Here’s the link for more details and to sign up http://kwso.org/2018/07/mt-hood-meadows-huckleberry-picking-day/. The Deadline to sign up is Sunday August 12th.