Community Calendar for Saturday, August 4, 2018
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market is open today from 9am until 2pm
- The Friends of the Library is having its annual book sale at the Rodriguez Annex in Madras from 9am to 2pm.
- The Community in the Park annual event is today from 9am to 4pm at Sahalee Park in Madras. Everyone is welcome to take part in free services of all kinds, food and entertainment.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Shaniko Days is this weekend in Shaniko. There is a parade at 10 this morning and a street dance from 7-10pm. They will have music, activities, and vendors of all kinds through the weekend.
The Museum at Warm Springs still has the traveling Veteran’s Banner Exhibit on display through September. “Patriot Nations – Native Americans in our Armed Forces” comes to Warm Springs from the National Museum of the American Indian.
Volunteers for the MAC Dash need to attend a meeting on Thursday August 9 at 6pm at the Madras Aquatic Center. They will give instructions for the event and volunteers’ t-shirts. They do still need a few more volunteers for the event, if you are interested send an email to email@example.com.
The 15th annual Mt Hood Meadows – Warm Springs Tribal Huckleberry Trip is Thursday August 16th. You can sign up and get details at KWSO or on our website. The Deadline to sign up is Sunday August 12th.
A new free legal clinic will be taking intakes on August 13th at the Warm Springs Community Action Team Office from 10am – 3pm. Eligible clients will receive a free 45-60 minute consultation with an attorney to discuss any legal issues. To find out if you qualify, call Rayven at 971.703.7108. The clinic is being provided by Karnopp Petersen LLP and Legal Aid Services of Oregon.
The Warm Springs Legal Aid office has temporarily relocated to the tribal administration building until August 17. They are located in Planning Department. Phone calls will be forwarded to this location – the numbers are the same, 541-553-3228 and 553-2212.
The Madras High School reunion for the Class of 1973 will be on Friday August 10 at 6pm at the Desert Inn Bar & Grill in Metolius and Saturday August 11 at the Round Butte Observatory at 1pm. The Class of 1978 reunion will be August 10 at the Rialto Tavern and August 11 at the Desert Inn. Other classes are also welcome at both reunions
A fundraising 4-person golf scramble to benefit the Madras High School Football Program will be held August 11 at 10am at Kahneeta Golf Course. Entry includes green fees, cars and lunch. To register now, contact Coach Kurt Taylor, Butch David or Jake Young. You may also sign up at the golf course on the day of the tournament.