Community Calendar for Thursday August 2, 2018
- All children age 18 and younger can get free, nutritious summer meals thanks to the Summer Food Service Meal Program. Breakfast and lunch are served at the Warm Springs Youth Center from 8:45-9:15 and 12-12:30; and in Madras at Westside School 7:45-8:45 and 12-12:30.
- There is Senior Breakfast from 8:30-10:30. Seniors 60 and over are free, 59 and younger $5 and children 18 and under $3.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There’s Boot Camp class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall
- The Fish & Wildlife Committee meets today from 3-5pm in conference room 3 at the tribal administration building.
- The Wings Invitational Youth Track Meet is today at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy track. Registration begins at 5:15 and events at 6. It’s open to boys and girls ages 2-12. All participants receive a t-shirt and water bottle.
- The Madras Downtown Park and Play First Thursday event with live music, performers, food, and retail vendors is today from 5 to 9pm along 5th Street from “C” to “E” Streets.
- Art Adventure Gallery invites you to the opening reception for the Jana Charl solo exhibition “Makeover” today 5:30-7pm at 185 SW 5th Street in Madras.
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers will be hosted by Keith Manufacturing located at 401 NW Adler in the Madras Industrial Park tomorrow at 8am.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be open tomorrow and Saturday 9am until 2pm in front of Re-Use It Thrift Store featuring fresh produce, value-added foods, Native art and more.
- There is a fundraiser tomorrow for the Jamie Tohet “Chili Guy” Wild Horse Race Memorial. They are selling beef enchilada plates with Spanish rice, beans and a drink. They are taking orders and will deliver in the Agency area starting at 11am – 541-325-2518.
- The Friends of the Library will hold its annual book sale at the Rodriguez Annex in Madras Friday and Saturday from 9am to 2pm.
- The Community in the Park annual event is Saturday from 9am to 4pm at Sahalee Park in Madras. Everyone is welcome to take part in free services of all kinds, food and entertainment.
- Shaniko Days is this weekend in Shaniko. There is a parade at 10am Saturday and a street dance from 7-10pm. They will have music, activities, and vendors of all kinds through the weekend.
The Western States Indian Rodeo Association’s regional finals will be held at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Madras August 25-26.
Volunteers for the MAC Dash need to attend a meeting on Thursday August 9 at 6pm at the Madras Aquatic Center. They will give instructions for the event and volunteers’ t-shirts. They do still need a few more volunteers for the event, if you are interested send an email to email@example.com.
An extended family gathering for all direct descendants of Billy Chinook and Annie Holliquilla and their families will take place in Warm Springs August 18-19 at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall for a potluck lunch, socializing and getting acquainted with new found relatives. Don’t forget to bring a camera, old family photos and stories.
The Boys & Girls Club of Warm Springs 4-person golf scramble fundraiser is coming up Saturday August 18 at 10am at Kahneeta Golf Course. Entry fee includes green fees, cart, a goodie bag and lunch and there will be chances to win golf packages, equipment, rounds and certificates. For more information contact Janell Smith 541-325-1472.
The Warm Springs Legal Aid office has temporarily relocated to the tribal administration building until August 17. They are located in Planning Department. Phone calls will be forwarded to this location – the numbers are the same, 541-553-3228 and 553-2212.