Community Calendar for Thursday August 9, 2018
- Tribal Council is in session today. They will hear the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Fiscal Year 2019 Budget Presentation to I H S Director Portland Area Indian Health Service Dean Seyler via video conference at the clinic atrium.
- There is no jury duty today at Warm Springs Tribal Court.
- 509J is providing Nutritious summer meals to kids 18 and under, free of charge this summer. Kids can get breakfast and lunch at the Warm Springs Youth Center from 8:45-9:15 and 12-12:30; and in Madras at Westside School 7:45-8:45 and 12-12:30.
- Wellness of Warm Springs is cancelled for this month.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Volunteers for the MAC Dash need to attend a meeting this evening at 6:00 at the Madras Aquatic Center. They will give instructions for the event and volunteers’ t-shirts.
- There’s Boot Camp class at 12:10 in the Community Center aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall at noon.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior breakfast today – on the menu: muffin omelets, hash browns, toast and fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Free sports physicals are available today from 5:30-7pm at the Madras United Methodist Church. Students need to have a parent present to complete the health history and sign the form. Boys need to dress in shorts and t-shirt, girls in shorts and sports bra.
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers will be hosted by Alley’s Innovative Homes located at 10600 SW Green Drive in Culver tomorrow at 8am.
- The Madras High School reunion for the Class of 1973 is tomorrow at 6pm at the Desert Inn Bar & Grill in Metolius and Saturday at the Round Butte Observatory at 1pm. The Class of 1978 reunion will be tomorrow at the Rialto Tavern and Saturday evening at the Desert Inn. Other classes are also welcome at both reunions
- A Wayne Pearson Memorial market will be held this Saturday from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park, during Madras Saturday Market, with a silent auction to help fund a women’s shelter. Musical entertainment will by Terri Comment with lively, old time piano favorites.
- There is a fundraising 4-person golf scramble to benefit the Madras High School Football Program this Saturday at 10am at Kahneeta Golf Course. Entry includes green fees, cars and lunch. You can sign up at the golf course on the day of the tournament.
Here are some dates to mark down on your Calendar for 509J happenings:
- For freshman going to Madras High School this fall – there Summer Bridge starting this coming Monday for 2 weeks, each day from 8:30-12:30. Meals & Transportation will be provided so Incoming freshman can get a jumpstart on the new school year.
- There is a Kindergarten University session on Thursday August 16th at 4:45 to families to learn more about their Kinder’s transition to the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. Another session will be on August 30th.
- Classes at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy are back in session Monday August 20th thru the 24th.
- The week of August 27th – there will be teacher in service training district wide and there is no school for students.
- The Warm Springs Back to School BBQ is Thursday August 30th from 4-6pm at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy.
- Labor Day is Monday September 3rd and then it’s back to school for most students on Tuesday September 4th . 7TH AND 8TH GRADES at JCMS & upper classmen at Madras High School start back on Wed Sept 5th.