Community Calendar for Tuesday August 7, 2018
- Sll children age 18 and younger can get free, nutritious summer meals thanks to the Summer Food Service Meal Program. Kids can get breakfast and lunch at the Warm Springs Youth Center from 8:45-9:15 and 12-12:30; and in Madras at Westside School 7:45-8:45 and 12-12:30.
- Fitness activities happening during the noon hour at the Community Wellness Center today are Functional Fitness class in the social hall and Boot Camp class in the aerobics room. There is a Fusion Fitness Class tomorrow morning at 6:00 – suitable for all fitness levels – in the aerobics room.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is a Cornish game hen, roasted roots and carrots, red cabbage slaw and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- Financial Skills for Families Class is tonight from 5:30-7:30 at the Community Action Team office on campus.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- Warm Springs Prevention is having a Family Movie Night Under the Stars this evening. They will show Ready Player One on the lawn of the Behavioral Health Center at 9pm.
- Wellness of Warm Springs will meet on Thursday from noon to 1:00 at the Family Resource Center conference room. The topic is Cultural Foods, and they will be making huckleberry freezer jam. Everyone is welcome and lunch is served to all participants.
- Volunteers for the MAC Dash need to attend a meeting on Thursday at 6pm at the Madras Aquatic Center. They will give instructions for the event and volunteers’ t-shirts. They do still need a few more volunteers for the event, if you are interested send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 15th annual Mt Hood Meadows – Warm Springs Tribal Huckleberry Trip is Thursday August 16th. You can sign up and get details here. The Deadline to sign up is Sunday August 12th.
A fundraising 4-person golf scramble to benefit the Madras High School Football Program will be held Saturday at 10am at Kahneeta Golf Course. Entry includes green fees, cars and lunch. To register now, contact Coach Kurt Taylor, Butch David or Jake Young. You may also sign up at the golf course on the day of the tournament.