Community Calendar for Wednesday August 8, 2018
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program provides nutritious summer meals to all children 18 and under at no cost. Kids can get breakfast and lunch at the Warm Springs Youth Center from 8:45-9:15 and 12-12:30; and in Madras at Westside School 7:45-8:45 and 12-12:30.
- Today’s fitness schedule: Water Aerobics at 9:15 at Kahneeta Village Pool; Senior Fitness Class at 10 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy brunch. On the menu today: shepherd’s pie, sweet potatoes and fruit smoothies. At noontime it’s Pi-Yo class at the clinic atrium and at the Community Center is Functional Fitness Class in the aerobics room. Turbo Kick class at 4
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Warm Springs Presbyterian Church.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Wellness of Warm Springs will meet tomorrow from noon to 1:00 at the Family Resource Center conference room. The topic is Cultural Foods, and they will be making huckleberry freezer jam. Everyone is welcome and lunch is served to all participants.
- Volunteers for the MAC Dash need to attend a meeting tomorrow at 6pm at the Madras Aquatic Center. They will give instructions for the event and volunteers’ t-shirts.
- The Madras High School reunion for the Class of 1973 will be on Friday at 6pm at the Desert Inn Bar & Grill in Metolius and Saturday at the Round Butte Observatory at 1pm. The Class of 1978 reunion will be Friday at the Rialto Tavern and Saturday evening at the Desert Inn. Other classes are also welcome at both reunions
The Warm Springs Police Department has an Anonymous Crime Tip Line 541-553-2202. If you have information about criminal activity and wish to report without identifying yourself, call this Tip Line to leave a message. There is no caller ID used on this line – you can remain completely anonymous. The number is 553-2202.
The Museum at Warm Springs is part of the Blue Star Museum Program which offers free admission to the nation’s active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The Museum is open Tuesday thru Saturday from 9am to 5pm. It is closed Sunday & Monday.
The Warm Springs Legal Aid office has temporarily relocated to the tribal administration building until August 17. They are located in Planning Department. Phone calls will be forwarded to this location – the numbers are the same, 541-553-3228 and 553-2212.
The next Warm Springs outdoor Market will be set up August 17 & 18. Contact the Community Action Team office if you are interested in being a vendor.
The Western States Indian Rodeo Association’s regional finals will be held at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Madras August 25-26.