Community Calendar for Friday September 14, 2018
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers is being hosted by First Choice Assisted Care, located at 35 SW C Street in Madras this morning at 8:00.
- The KWSO Community Advisory Board is meeting today from 2-4pm at the Warm Springs Media Center. It is open to the public.
- Here are some fitness activities happening today: Senior Fitness class is at 10:45 at the Senior Center, PiYo Class at 12:10 in Pod A at the Clinic and Functional Fitness Class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School football tonight. They host Rainier. Kickoff is at 7pm and you can hear the game live on 91.9fm.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “My Life As A Dog,” rated PG-13, tonight at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library in Madras. Films are free to watch, refreshments are available.
- Warm Springs Recreation’s Fall Round-Up Yard Sale is tomorrow on the front yard of the Community Center from 9am to 4pm.
- The Latino Community Association is putting on the Latino Fest tomorrow from 10am to 6pm at Sahalee Park in Madras. It is a community celebration honoring the heritages of our Latino friends and neighbors with music, dance, food, education, community resources and kids activities. It is free and open to people of all ages.
Jefferson County Veteran’s Services is hosting the first annual Classic Car Show & Suicide Prevention Expo on September 22 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds from 9am to 3pm. The event is family-friendly and open to all. It is free, however a canned food donation at the door is appreciated. Breakfast and lunch will be served at no cost to veterans and small donation is requested for others.
The Jamie “Chili Guy” Tohet Wild Horse Race Memorial is September 29 at the Simnasho Rodeo Grounds. Events start at noon. Events include a Wild Horse Race, 2-plus-1 (woman shanks) Wild Horse Race, ranch broncs, breakaway roping, junior and senior wild cold races, mini buckers, junior and senior broncs and extra kids’ events. There will also be a 16.2 mile Endurance Race open to all ages that will start at 8 that morning. Books open September 1. Wild Horse Race entries need to be paid in full one week before, all other events close the morning of the rodeo. Wild Horse Race entries call Gladys 541-460-9290 and all others contact Angel 325-2518.
The annual Hands Across the Deschutes River Bridge event will be held on September 30 in honor of Recovery Month. People are invited to meet at noon at the boat launch area. There will be speakers, a blessing ceremony and potluck.