Community Calendar for Monday September 10, 2018
- It is late start Monday at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. Kids should be at school by 9:35, school starts at 9:45am. Rise & Shine kids can arrive at 8am.
- Tribal Council will hear Budget Presentations today. After a Budget Overview this morning will be reports from the Chief Operations Officer, Public Safety; and Public Utilities. This afternoon will be Human Services; Education; Natural Resources; and an Attorney Update.
- A Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Job Fair will be held today from 10am to 3pm at the Community Center Social Hall. Folks should be prepared for on the spot interviews and have work history or resumes, references and photo ID. For more info contact Cheryl Tom or Juanita Kalama at the Human Resources office.
- Here are today’s fitness activities: Senior Fitness Class is at 10:45 at the Senior Center; at 12:10 there is Functional Fitness in the Aerobics Room and Pi-Yo class at the I H S atrium.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at their office in the industrial park. Learn more by calling 553-4952.
- Victims of Crime Services has a Women’s Support Group today at the VOCS office, 1108 Wasco Street, behind the Old Boys’ Dorm. It’s from 3-5pm.
- There is a World Suicide Prevention Day Powwow this evening from 5:30-8pm on the grass in front of the Behavioral Health Building. All drums re welcome.
- Aglow Bible Study is this evening at High Lookee Lodge from 6:15-7:30. Everyone is welcome.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientations on Tuesdays at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting each Tuesday evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
Bend Film will show films at the Madras Performing Arts Center October 12-14 – part of the 15th Annual Bend Film Festival. Tickets will be $5. The filmmakers will be present for each film. And, special guests will be attending – the only 2-time Sundance Film Festival Winner Ondi Timoner and actor Adam Beach.
Picture days at the Warm Springs K8 Academy are on September 18-19. September 18 for 4th-8th graders and September 19 for Kinder thru 3rd grade. Watch for your student’s packets.
Warm Springs Recreation’s Fall Round-Up Yard Sale will be Saturday September 15 on the front yard of the Community Center from 9am to 4pm. Call 541-553-3243 to reserve a table.