Community Calendar for Saturday, September 8, 2018
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Metolius Spike and Rail Day is today. It will kick off with a parade through Metolius at 11am. There will be games and activities at the City Park starting at noon. Concessions of food, gifts, and displays will be offered throughout the day. There will also be an old-fashion auction. Auction items can be viewed starting at noon and the auction begins at 3:00. Children 12 and under can eat lunch for free. A free concert wraps up the event starting at 5:00 pm featuring the group “Countryfied.”
- Madras High School Freshman & JV Volleyball play at La Pine High School; Varsity Volleyball is at Cascade
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sunday from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- A Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Job Fair will be held Monday from 10am to 3pm at the Community Center Social Hall. Folks should be prepared for on the spot interviews and have work history or resumes, references and photo ID. For more info contact Cheryl Tom or Juanita Kalama at the Human Resources office.
- A World Suicide Prevention Day Powwow is planned for Monday from 5:30-8pm on the grass in front of the Behavioral Health Building. All drums re welcome.
The Portland Trail Blazers and Moda Health will be presenting a free family-friendly day of basketball, health activities and games for all ages. The Rip City Rally is coming to Madras on Thursday from 4-6pm at the Civic Plaza – which is the area outside of City Hall. The Blazers broadcast team, Blazer Dancers and Blaze the Trail Cat will all be there. They invite everyone out to celebrate physical fitness and healthy communities.
The KWSO Community Advisory Board is meeting Friday from 2-4pm at the Warm Springs Media Center. Notice of the meeting and the proposed agenda is posted on our website. These meetings are open to the public.
The Latino Community Association is putting on the Latino Fest next Saturday September 15 from 10am to 6pm at Sahalee Park in Madras. It is a community celebration honoring the heritages of our Latino friends and neighbors with music, dance, food, education, community resources and kids activities. It is free and open to people of all ages.
The Recovery Never Ends Conference is September 20-22 at He-He Longhouse. It is free to attend. Bring your own comfortable chair if you’d like. There will be speakers, prayer, support, music, meals and more.