Community Calendar for Sunday September 9, 2018
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Remember – it is late start Monday at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy tomorrow. Kids should be at school by 9:35, school starts at 9:45am. Rise & Shine kids can arrive at 8am.
- Tribal Council will begin hearing Budget Presentations tomorrow. Following a Budget Overview, there will be presentations from the Chief Operations Officer, Public Safety, Public Utilities, Human Services, Education, and Natural Resources and an Attorney Update.
- A Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Job Fair will be held tomorrow from 10am to 3pm at the Community Center Social Hall. Folks should be prepared for on the spot interviews and have work history or resumes, references and photo ID. For more info contact Cheryl Tom or Juanita Kalama at the Human Resources office.
- A World Suicide Prevention Day Powwow is planned for tomorrow from 5:30-8pm on the grass in front of the Behavioral Health Building. All drums re welcome.
- A Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting takes place every Tuesday evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
The Warm Springs Police Department has an Anonymous Crime Tip Line 541-553-2202. If you have information about criminal activity and wish to report without identifying yourself, call this Tip Line to leave a message. There is no caller ID used on this line – you can remain completely anonymous. The number is 553-2202.
The Jamie “Chili Guy” Tohet Wild Horse Race Memorial is September 29 at the Simnasho Rodeo Grounds. Events include a Wild Horse Race, 2-plus-1 (woman shanks) Wild Horse Race, ranch broncs, breakaway roping, junior and senior wild cold races, mini buckers, junior and senior broncs and extra kids’ events. There will also be a 16.2 mile Endurance Race open to all ages that will start at 8 that morning. Books are open. Wild Horse Race entries need to be paid in full one week before, all other events close the morning of the rodeo. Wild Horse Race entries call Gladys 541-460-9290 and all others contact Angela 325-2518.
Orientations for Fall Term Essential Communications & Essentials of Math classes are coming up in Warm Springs. The orientations will include information about COCC and Adult Basic Skills classes. The classes are to improve skills for college credit classes, the GED exam and work. Orientation will be held on September 25 and September 27 for both classes. It is mandatory to attend one day of orientation in order to register. They will be from 1-4pm at the Education Building. Registrations will not be accepted after September 27.