Community Calendar for Thursday September 13, 2018
- Tribal Council will hear Budget Presentations today. This morning will be Indian Head Casino; Warm Springs Credit Enterprise; Composite Products; and Warm Springs Telecommunications. This afternoon, Kahneeta; Ventures; Power Enterprises; and Warm Springs Timber LLC.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Fitness activities scheduled for today at the Community Wellness Center Insanity class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall at noon.
- Madras High School Girls JV & Varsity Soccer have home matches versus Mazama today at 4:00; Freshman, JV & Varsity volleyball host La Pine at 5 & 6:00.
- The Portland Trail Blazers and Moda Health are holding a free family-friendly day of basketball, health activities and games for all ages today. The Rip City Rally is from 4-6pm at the Civic Plaza – which is the area outside of Madras City Hall. The Blazers broadcast team, Blazer Dancers and Blaze the Trail Cat will all be there. They invite everyone out to celebrate physical fitness and healthy communities.
- The US Forest Service will begin accepting applications for next Summer soon. It will hold a Temporary Employment/Seasonal Hiring Info Night this evening in Prineville. It will be from 5:30 to 7pm at the Ochoco National Forest Office, 3160 NE Third Street.
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers will be hosted by First Choice Assisted Care, located at 35 SW C Street in Madras tomorrow at 8am.
- The KWSO Community Advisory Board is meeting tomorrow from 2-4pm at the Warm Springs Media Center. These meetings are open to the public.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School football tomorrow. They host Rainier. Kickoff is at 7pm and you can hear the game live on 91.9fm.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “My Life As A Dog,” rated PG-13, tomorrow night at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library in Madras. Films are free to watch, refreshments are available.
- Warm Springs Recreation’s Fall Round-Up Yard Sale is this Saturday on the front yard of the Community Center from 9am to 4pm.
- The Latino Community Association is putting on the Latino Fest Saturday from 10am to 6pm at Sahalee Park in Madras. It is a community celebration honoring the heritages of our Latino friends and neighbors with music, dance, food, education, community resources and kids activities. It is free and open to people of all ages.
Folks still have a chance to see the traveling Veteran’s Banner Exhibit on display through the end of the month at the Museum at Warm Springs. “Patriot Nations – Native Americans in our Armed Forces” comes to Warm Springs from the National Museum of the American Indian.