Community Calendar for Thursday September 27, 2018
- The Recovery Never Ends Conference starts today at HeHe Longhouse. There is a lunch at noon and blessing at 1:30. The rest of the day will be spiritual presentations, testimony, talking circles, a Wellbriety Meeting; and a fun activity.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Functional Fitness class in the Social Hall. There will be no Insanity Class today.
- There is an orientation for Fall Term Essential Communications & Essentials of Math classes this afternoon in Warm Springs. It is mandatory to attend in order to register. It’s from 1-4pm at the Education Building.
- There is a Food Handler’s Class today from 2-4pm in the I H S atrium.
- Warm Springs K-8 Volleyball has matches at home today. Warm Springs K-8 Cross Country has a meet with Sky View at Pine Nursery Park in Bend at 3:45.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- Madras High School volleyball has home games today versus Molalla – freshman & JV at 4:30 and varsity at 6:00; boys soccer also hosts Molalla with games at 4:00; girls’ soccer plays at Molalla High School
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers will be hosted by Simply Blinds located at 116 SE D Street in Madras tomorrow at 8am.
- Community baby showers for pregnant and new moms with babies 1-3 months old will be held in Central Oregon this Friday and Saturday. It’s free to attend and free gift bags will be provided. There will be raffle prizes, giveaways, food, games, pampering services and photos – all free for pregnant and new moms. In Warm Springs, it will be on Friday from 10am to 2pm at the Youth Center gym. In Madras it will be on Saturday from 10-2:00 at the Performing Arts Center. They will also be held in La Pine, Prineville, Bend and Redmond. Visit deschutes.org/communitybabyshower for details
- Join in a walk celebrating recovery tomorrow around the Community Center pathway at noon. September is National Recovery Month.
- The Madras Homecoming BBQ is tomorrow – they are selling hamburger & cheese burger plates starting at 5:30 in front of the Performing Arts Center. All proceeds go to the Class of 2019 Senior Alcohol & Drug Free Graduation Night.
- You can hear the Madras White Buffalo homecoming football game live on KWSO tomorrow. They host Yamhill-Carlton. Kickoff is at 7pm. Listen on 91.9fm, online at kwso.org or on the Tune In Radio app.
- This Friday, Saturday and Sunday The Raven Makes Gallery in Sisters is hosting three Hopi and Tewa women artists. The gallery is located at 182 E. Hood Ave., in Sisters.
- Join the Museum at Warm Springs Saturday at 9am for one seven of Washat as they welcome the Treaty of 1855, which will be on display at the Museum through November 3rd. Tribal members can register at no cost for the Treaty Conference October 25-27 – find out more and register online.
- The Jamie “Chili Guy” Tohet Wild Horse Race Memorial is Saturday at the Simnasho Rodeo Grounds. Events start at noon. Events include a Wild Horse Race, 2-plus-1 (woman shanks) Wild Horse Race, ranch broncs, breakaway roping, junior and senior wild colt races, mini buckers, junior and senior broncs and extra kids’ events. There will also be a 16.2 mile Endurance Race open to all ages that will start at 8 that morning. Call Angela 325-2518 for entries.
- The Jim PepperFest 2018: “Making the Invisible Visible”, the 6th annual Jim Pepper Native Arts Festival, is coming Saturday and Sunday up at Parkrose High School in Portland. Visit http://www.jimpepperfest.net/ for details
The Third Annual Air Time Music Festival is October 5 at noon and October 6 at 1am in the Erickson Aircraft Collection Hangar. It’s a family friendly event open to all ages featuring honky tonk, rag time, country, bluegrass, folk and jazz. There will be jam sessions both days. Children 12 & under are free.