Community Calendar for Tuesday September 11, 2018
- Tribal Council is hearing Budget Presentations today. This morning will be updates from the Secretary-Treasurer & Community Assistance; Finance; General & Administrative Services; Debt Services, A Place for Kids Club & Capital Projects. This afternoon will be reports from Human Resources; Administrative Services; Governmental Affairs; and Tribal Court
- Fitness activities happening during the noon hour at the Community Wellness Center today are Functional Fitness class in the social hall and Insanity class in the aerobics room.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- There is an Indianpreneurship Class this evening from 5:30-7:30 at the Community Action Team office. They will cover Chapter 3, “Good Scouting.” Dinner is provided.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
The Portland Trail Blazers and Moda Health will be presenting a free family-friendly day of basketball, health activities and games for all ages. The Rip City Rally is coming to Madras on Thursday from 4-6pm at the Civic Plaza – which is the area outside of City Hall. The Blazers broadcast team, Blazer Dancers and Blaze the Trail Cat will all be there. They invite everyone out to celebrate physical fitness and healthy communities.
The KWSO Community Advisory Board is meeting this Friday from 2-4pm at the Warm Springs Media Center. hese meetings are open to the public.
Warm Springs Recreation’s Fall Round-Up Yard Sale will be Saturday on the front yard of the Community Center from 9am to 4pm. Call 541-553-3243 to reserve a table.
The Latino Community Association is putting on the Latino Fest this Saturday from 10am to 6pm at Sahalee Park in Madras. It is a community celebration honoring the heritages of our Latino friends and neighbors with music, dance, food, education, community resources and kids activities. It is free and open to people of all ages.
Picture days at the Warm Springs K8 Academy are on September 18-19. September 18 for 4th-8th graders and September 19 for Kinder thru 3rd grade. Watch for your student’s packets.