Community Calendar for Tuesday September 25, 2018
- Tribal Council will be in session today. On the agenda this morning is the Kahneeta Board of Directors; an update on Portland Harbor; and the 509-J Superintendent. This afternoon is the Statewide Transportation Improvement Funds; Draft Resolutions; the October Agenda, Travel Delegations and Minutes Review; and updates from the Secretary-Treasurer and Chief Operations Officer.
- Fitness activities happening during the noon hour at the Community Wellness Center today are Functional Fitness class in the social hall and Insanity class in the aerobics room.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Orientations for Fall Term Essential Communications & Essentials of Math classes are today and Thursday in Warm Springs. The orientations include information about COCC and Adult Basic Skills classes. The classes are to improve skills for college credit classes, the GED exam and work. It is mandatory to attend one day of orientation in order to register. They will be from 1-4pm at the Education Building. Registrations will not be accepted after Thursday.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- The Museum at Warm Springs is having a Beginner’s Drawing Class today and tomorrow, open to the first 10 youth and 10 adults to sign up. It’s a free class open to Warm Springs tribal and community members. The class for youth is from 4-4:30 today & 4-5:00 tomorrow; adults from 5:30-6:30 today and 5:30-7:30 tomorrow. Contact Tamera Moody at the Museum to sign up.
- Madras High School girls soccer will host Gladstone at 4:00 today; Boys soccer and the volleyball squads play on the road at Gladstone High School
- There is an Indianpreneurship Class tonight from 5:30-7:30pm at the Community Action Team office. They will cover Chapter 5, “Getting Ready for Market.” Dinner is provided.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- Warm Springs K-8 Football has a home game vs. La Pine tomorrow at 4:30.
- The Recovery Never Ends Conference is this Thursday thru Saturday at He-He Longhouse. It is free to attend. Bring your own comfortable chair if you’d like. There will be speakers, prayer, support, music, a powwow, meals and more.
- There is a Food Handler’s Class Thursday from 2-4pm in the I H S atrium.
The Warm Springs Police Department has an Anonymous Crime Tip Line 541-553-2202. If you have information about criminal activity and wish to report without identifying yourself, call this Tip Line to leave a message. There is no caller ID used on this line – you can remain completely anonymous. The number is 553-2202.
Join the Museum at Warm Springs this Saturday at 9am for one seven of Washat as they welcome the Treaty of 1855, which will be on display at the Museum through November 3rd. Tribal members can register at no cost for the Treaty Signing Conference October 25-27 – find out more and register online.