Community Calendar for Wednesday September 26, 2018
- On the Tribal Council Agenda this morning is the 2019 Proposed Budget and Casino Equity Agreement. This afternoon is an update from Washington State University
- Today’s fitness schedule: Senior Fitness Class at 10:45 at the Senior Center, and at 12:10 there is Functional Fitness Class in the aerobics room.
- Warm Springs K-8 Football has a home game vs. La Pine September at 4:30.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The Recovery Never Ends Conference starts tomorrow and goes through Saturday at He-He Longhouse. It is free to attend. Bring your own comfortable chair if you’d like. There will be speakers, prayer, support, music, a powwow, meals and more.
- There is an orientation for Fall Term Essential Communications & Essentials of Math classes today from 1-4:00 at the Education Building. It is mandatory to attend an orientation in order to register. Registrations will not be accepted after tomorrow.
- There is a Food Handler’s Class tomorrow from 2-4pm in the I H S atrium.
- Community baby showers for pregnant and new moms with babies 1-3 months old will be held in Central Oregon this Friday and Saturday. It’s free to attend and free gift bags will be provided. There will be raffle prizes, giveaways, food, games, pampering services and photos – all free for pregnant and new moms. In Warm Springs, it will be on Friday from 10am to 2pm at the Youth Center gym. In Madras it will be on Saturday from 10-2:00 at the Performing Arts Center. They will also be held in La Pine, Prineville, Bend and Redmond. Visit deschutes.org/communitybabyshower for details
- Join in a walk celebrating recovery on Friday around the Community Center pathway at noon. September is National Recovery Month.
- The Madras Homecoming BBQ is Friday – they are selling hamburger & cheese burger plates starting at 5:30 in front of the Performing Arts Center. All proceeds go to the Class of 2019 Senior Alcohol & Drug Free Graduation Night.
- You can hear that homecoming game vs. Yamhill-Carlton live on KWSO. Kickoff is at 7pm – listen to 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org or on the Tune In Radio app.
Bend Film will show films at the Madras Performing Arts Center October 12-14 – part of the 15th Annual Bend Film Festival. Tickets are available online now and are $5. The filmmakers will be present for each film. And, special guests will be attending – the only 2-time Sundance Film Festival Winner Ondi Timoner and actor Adam Beach.
Warm Springs Tribal Member voters eligible to vote in the upcoming February election on changing the enrollment process to use 1980 for a base census, have until September 30th to contact vital statistics with any change of address.