Community Calendar for Friday October 12, 2018
- There is no school today for all students. It is a statewide in-service day.
- Indian Head Casino & Plateau Travel Plaza are putting on a Cancer Awareness Poker Walk to benefit Relay for Life today at noon at the Warm Springs Community Center. There will be gift cards awarded for 1st-4th They will also be selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts, have light snacks, a prize wheel, balloon release and health screening at the Community Center.
- Other fitness activities today in Warm Springs are Senior Fitness Class at 10:45am at the Senior Building; noon hoops in the Community Center gym; Functional Fitness at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room; and PIYO at 12:10 at the clinic.
- After senior fitness class today, participants can eat brunch. They are serving basil-peach chicken bras, pasta salad and apple crisp.
- Bend Film will show films at the Madras Performing Arts Center this weekend – part of the 15th Annual Bend Film Festival. The filmmakers will be present for each film. Transportation will be provided from Warm Springs to the Performing Arts Center today at 4:45pm and then on Saturday at 9:45am and 4:30pm. Free admission bracelets will be given out on the bus. And if you want an admission bracelet but won’t be riding the bus – stop by KWSO today.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- A memorial for Nancy Marie Sooksoit will be held tomorrow at the Agency Longhouse beginning at 9am. There will be Washut with three sevens followed by a dance-in with the big drum. Drummers are needed. Lunch and giveaway will follow.
- OSU-Cascades in Bend will have its Discovery Day tomorrow from 10am to 5pm. Everyone is welcome for talks, research demos, kids activities, food and music.
The Simnasho District Meeting to discuss the 2019 Proposed Tribal Budget is on October 17 at Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner is at 6:00, the meeting at 7. The Agency District meeting will be on October 29 and Seekseequa District meeting on October 30.
The 50th Anniversary Cowdeo is coming up on Saturday, October 20th at 11am at the Jefferson County Fair Complex. Admission is $5. Kids 4 and under are free.
A Switzler Family Reunion will take place October 20th at HeHe Longhouse beginning at 10am. Relatives are invited to gather and learn about the family tree, share stories and share meals. It’s a potluck. For more information talk to Beulah or Raymond Tsumpti.
Warm Springs Housing Authority will host a Housing Fair on Wednesday October 24 at the Greeley Heights Community Building from 9am to 4pm. There will be information on the different housing options and programs as well as demonstrations of minor maintenance, raffle drawings, door prizes and t-shirts. They will serve a light breakfast and lunch.