Community Calendar for Friday October 26, 2018
- There is Senior Fitness class this morning at 10:45 at the senior building; noon hoops at the gym; and Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room. PIYO class today is cancelled.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School football tonight. They host Salem Academy. Kickoff is at 7pm and you can hear the game live on 91.9fm.
- Smith Rock State Park will have a free lecture tonight from 7-8:30 at the Smith Rock Welcome Center. Dallas Winishut will present “Ancestral Voices: The Ancient Languages of the Warm Springs Reservation.” It is part of the annual Oregon Archaeology Celebration. Lectures are free and open to the public.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center is showing the movie “Raggedy Man,” rated PG-13 tonight at 7:30. Films are free and shown at the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library.
- The Treaty Conference continues today and tomorrow at the Museum at Warm Springs.
- A stonesetting and memorial for Ralph George Queahpama and an Indian Naming for Amaro Rodeny Queahpama will take place tomorrow. The stonesetting is at 8am. The memorial at 9am at Simnasho Longhouse. All family , friends and veterans are welcome. All Washut and Big Drum drummers are also welcome.
There is a food handler’s class coming up Monday, October 29 from 10am until noon in the clinic atrium.
The Agency District meeting to discuss the 2019 proposed tribal budget is on Monday October 29 at the agency longhouse. The Seekseequa District meeting is on Tuesday October 30 at Seekseequa Fire Hall. Dinners are at 6:00, and meetings follow at 7:00.
There will be a Domestic Violence Awareness walk on October 30 at 10:30am from the Victims of Crime Services office to the community center. Fruit and water will be given to participants. The VOCS office is located at 1108 Wasco Street, behind the Culture & Heritage Building.
Warm Springs Recreation’s Employee Costume Contest will be at noon on Halloween at the community center. The theme this year is the movie Grease. Costume categories are best T-Bird, Best Pink Lady, Best Cheerleader, Best Danny & Sandy and Spookiest Costume. A light lunch will be provided.
The Zombie Walk is happening on Halloween at noon at the community Center.