Community Calendar for Friday October 5, 2018
- Warm Springs Community Health Nursing will be providing flu shots on the campus today from 9am to 4pm by the Post Office. Look for the Community Health Mobile Medical Unit.
- There’s Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Building; noon hoops in the gym; Functional Fitness at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room; and PIYO at 12:10 at the clinic.
- After senior fitness class today, participants can eat brunch. They are serving shrimp & avocado salad, crackers and fruit.
- The Third Annual Air Time Music Festival starts today at noon and tomorrow at 1:00 in the Erickson Aircraft Collection Hangar. It’s a family friendly event open to all ages featuring honky tonk, rag time, country, bluegrass, folk and jazz. There will be jam sessions both days. Children 12 & under are free.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Madras High School Cross Country is competing at the Oxford Classic at Drake Park in Bend at 1pm; Football is on the road taking on Blanchet Catholic at 7pm
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center is showing the movie “The Post,” rated PG-13 tonight at 7:30. Films are free and shown at the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library.
- A memorial for Warm Springs Firefighters will be held tomorrow at the Agency Longhouse. Lunch will be at noon. Recognition and an honor song will be at 2. Fire Management Families of those who have walked on are asked to bring a portrait of their loved one for the honor song. Elders will talk at 3 and its open mike at 5. This will honor all past fire management staff and firefighters who are gone. For more information, contact Luther Clements.
- The OSU Benny the Beaver Bash and 4-H Kickoff will take place tomorrow at Sahalee Park in Madras. It is free and open to the public. There is also a 5k color run and a carrot cake baking contest that are both open for registration. The 5k Color Run starts at 9am and will be followed by the celebration in the park from 10-2:00. There will be all kinds of hands-on activities for kids of all ages.
Warm Springs Tribal members can register at no cost for the Treaty Signing Conference October 25-27 – find out more and register online. Pages of the Treaty of 1855 are on display through November 3rd at the Museum.
Indian Head Casino & Plateau Travel Plaza are putting on a Cancer Awareness Poker Walk to benefit Relay for Life. It’s on Friday October 12 at noon at the Warm Springs Community Center. There will be gift cards awarded for 1st-4th place. They will also be selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts, have light snacks, a prize wheel, balloon release and health screening at the Community Center.
The 50th Annivery Cowdeo is on October 20 at 11am at the Jefferson County Fair Complex. Admission is $5. Kids 4 and under are free.
A Switzler Family Reunion will take place October 20 at HeHe Longhouse beginning at 10am. Relatives are invited to gather and learn about the family tree, share stories and share meals. It’s a potluck. For more information talk to Beulah or Raymond Tsumpti.