Community Calendar for Monday October 29, 2018
- Here is today’s Tribal Council Agenda: Updates from the Secretary-Treasurer and Chief Operations Officer, September Financials and the Native American Program at Oregon Legal Services
- It is late start Monday at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. Kids should be at school by 9:35, school starts at 9:45am. Rise & Shine kids can arrive at 8am.
- There is a food handler’s class today from 10am until noon in the clinic atrium.
- There is Senior Fitness class at 10:45 at the Senior Building. Senior fitness class participants are invited to eat brunch – today they are having turkey-bacon-avocado grilled cheese sandwiches, parmesan roasted carrots and fresh fruit.
- Here are fitness opportunities in Warm Springs today – there is noon hoops at the gym; Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the aerobics room; PIYO at 12:10 at the clinic atrium; and Women’s open gym 6-7:50pm
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- Victims of Crime Services has a Women’s Support Group today at the VOCS office, 1108 Wasco Street, behind the Old Boys’ Dorm. It’s from 3-5pm.
- Aglow Bible Study is this evening at High Lookee Lodge from 6:15-7:30. Everyone is welcome.
- The Agency District meeting scheduled for tonight and the Seekseequa District meeting tomorrow have been postponed. New dates will be set for both meetings soon.
- There will be a Domestic Violence Awareness walk tomorrow morning at 10:30 from the Victims of Crime Services office to the community center. Fruit and water will be given to participants. The VOCS office is located at 1108 Wasco Street, behind the Culture & Heritage Building.
- The Pathways Home: Native Homeownership Course is Tuesday from 5:30-7:30pm at the Tribal Credit Enterprise. It will cover module 5, finding a home.
- There is an Indianpreneurship Class Tuesday from 5:30-7:30pm at the Community Action Team office. They will cover Chapter 10, “Gathering Resources.” Dinner is provided.
- Warm Springs K-8 Football has a game vs. JCMS at the Madras High School football stadium on Wednesday at 4:30. The concessions will be open during the football games. The MHS Drama Club is fundraising for this year’s plays.
- ECE’s Lil’ Pumpkins Parade will be at 10am Wednesday.
- Warm Springs Recreation’s Employee Costume Contest will be at noon on Wednesday at the community center. The theme this year is the movie Grease. Costume categories are best T-Bird, Best Pink Lady, Best Cheerleader, Best Danny & Sandy and Spookiest Costume. A light lunch will be provided.
- The Zombie Walk is also happening Wednesday at noon at the Community Center.
- The Elder’s Halloween Luncheon is at noon on Wednesday. They will have a costume contest and a meal. Elders eat for free – non-elders pay $5.
- Warm Springs Recreation’s 40th Annual Halloween carnival at the Community Center will start with Trunk or Treat behind the Community Center from 4-6:00. The carnival and costume contest is from 6-8:00. Costume categories are best T-Bird, best Pink Lady, best Cheerleader, best Danny & Sandy and spookiest costume.
- Simnasho’s Annual Halloween Party will be at the Simnasho Fire Hall. They will meet at 5:30 to go trick or treating around the look. Families who live outside of the community are welcome to bring treats and pick a spot to hand out. There is a potluck dinner and games starting at 6:30. Everyone is welcome.
- The Asylum Haunted House will be open on Halloween from 6:30-10:30 at the Forestry Warehouse in the Industrial Park. Entry is free, and they will take canned food donations and donations to go towards next year’s haunted house. New this year – a haunted house for younger kids.