Community Calendar for Sunday October 7, 2018
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Tomorrow is late start Monday at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. Kids should be at school by 9:35, school starts at 9:45am. Rise & Shine kids can arrive at 8am.
- Tribal Council will meet tomorrow. Agenda items include a Review of Minutes and Resolutions; Tribal Attorney Update; Grazing Districts Feedback and Recommendation; and a Group Benefits Plan Update.
- A free legal clinic will be taking intakes tomorrow at the Warm Springs Community Action Team Office from 10am – 3pm. Eligible clients will receive a free 45-60 minute consultation with an attorney to discuss any legal issues. To find out if you qualify, call Rayven at 971.703.7108. The clinic is being provided by Karnopp Petersen LLP and Legal Aid Services of Oregon.
- The Madras High School cheerleading squad is hosting a camp for K-8 students tomorrow and Tuesday from 4-5:30 in the MHS Commons. Students will practice for two days and perform at the halftime show at the MHS football game on October 11. Cost is $25 for per student, $10 for each additional student who is an immediate family member. You can contact Coach Melissa Heying at MHS or find their Facebook page – Madras High Cheerleading.
- The Let’s Talk Diversity Coalition will have its monthly meeting tomorrow from 4-6pm at the Rodriguez Annex in Madras.
- Warm Springs Community Health Nursing will be providing flu shots in the community tomorrow at the Senior Center from 11:30 until 1:30 and Wednesday look for them at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy Open House.
- The next Pathways Home: Native Homeownership Course will begin Tuesday. Classes will be Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7:30 at the Tribal Credit Enterprise. To sign up call 553-3148. This course is required for anyone in the Community Action Team’s IDA Program for home ownership.
Warm Springs Tribal members can register at no cost for the Treaty Signing Conference October 25-27 – find out more and register online at treaty conference dot com. Pages of the Treaty of 1855 are on display through November 3rd at the Museum.
Three Warriors Market has changed to its winter hours. It’s open Monday through Thursday 7am to 8pm; Friday from 7am-6pm; and Saturday & Sunday from 8am to 6pm.
Transportation will be provided from Warm Springs to the Performing Arts Center for the BendFilm Festival movies on Friday and there will be a couple runs on Saturday. Free admission bracelets will be given out on the bus and KWSO will also have bracelets available for anyone interested on Thursday and Friday. Be listening for details about the bus and film schedule.