Community Calendar for Thursday November 1, 2018
- There is no school today and tomorrow for 509-J students.
- A Survivors of Suicide Conference is being held in Warm Springs –today for adults and tomorrow for youth. The conference is from 8-5 at the agency longhouse and will be conducted by Dr. Clayton Small (Northern Cheyenne.) For more information contact Rosanna Jackson at 541-615-0036.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: roasted pork, a baked potato medley & fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- Today there is Functional Fitness class at 10:45 in the Community Center social hall; volleyball at noon in the gym; Insanity class at 12:10 in the aerobics room; and open gym for men from 6:30-8:50pm.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- Volunteers are being recruited for the 2019 Warm Springs Point-In-Time Survey Coordinating Committee. Anyone interested should attend an information session this evening at the Family Resource Center conference room from 5:30-7pm. A light meal will be served. For more information contact Buffy at 541-615-0141.
- The Domestic Violence Awareness Walk has been rescheduled for tomorrow at 2pm starting in front of the VOCS office and walking a lap around the campus.
- A Veteran’s Summit is being held tomorrow from 9am – 4pm at the Warm Springs Community Center.
- Madras High School Football is on the road in a first round playoff game tomorrow at Rainier. You can year that game live here on KWSO!
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show the movie “Ethel and Earnest” tomorrow night at 7:30. Films are free and shown at the Rodriguez Annex, behind the library in Madras.
Daylight Saving Time ends early Sunday morning. Remember to set you clocks back an hour before you go to bed on Saturday night.
The Jefferson County School District is hiring learning peer tutors who are registered high school students age 15 and older. Peer tutors will be working with Kinder thru 8th grade students, helping with homework and assisting teachers at JCMS and the Warm Springs K8. Apply online on the Jefferson County 509-J School District website.
The Agency & Seekseequa District meetings on the Proposed 2019 Tribal Budget have been rescheduled. Agency is on Monday November 5 at the Agency Longhouse. Seekseequa is on Tuesday November 6 at Seekseequa Fire Hall. Dinners are at 6, the meetings at 7.