Community Calendar for Thursday October 11, 2018
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Functional Fitness at 10:45 this morning in the Community Center Social Hall; volleyball at noon in the gym; and Insanity class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: beans & sauce, corn bread and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Warm Springs K-8 Volleyball has matches at 3 Rivers today
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School football this evening. They host Scio at 7pm and you can hear the game live on 91.9fm, at KWSO dot org and on the Tune In Radio app.
- There is no school tomorrow – it’s a statewide in-service day.
- Indian Head Casino & Plateau Travel Plaza are putting on a Cancer Awareness Poker Walk to benefit Relay for Life tomorrow at noon at the Warm Springs Community Center. There will be gift cards awarded for 1st-4th They will also be selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts, have light snacks, a prize wheel, balloon release and health screening at the Community Center.
- Bend Film will show films at the Madras Performing Arts Center this weekend – part of the 15th Annual Bend Film Festival. The filmmakers will be present for each film. Transportation will be provided from Warm Springs to the Performing Arts Center on Friday at 4:45pm and then on Saturday at 9:45am and 4:30pm. Free admission bracelets will be given out on the bus. And if you want an admission bracelet but won’t be riding the bus – stop by KWSO today or tomorrow.
- A memorial for Nancy Marie Sooksoit will be held this Saturday at the Agency Longhouse beginning at 9am. There will be Washut with three sevens followed by a dance-in with the big drum. Drummers are needed. Lunch and giveaway will follow.
- OSU-Cascades in Bend will have its Discovery Day Saturday from 10am to 5pm. Everyone is welcome for talks, research demos, kids activities, food and music.
The Warm Springs Police Department has an Anonymous Crime Tip Line 541-553-2202. If you have information about criminal activity and wish to report without identifying yourself, call this Tip Line to leave a message. There is no caller ID used on this line – you can remain completely anonymous. The number is 553-2202.
All Warm Springs tribal and enterprise employees should attend the Comp & Benefits and Open Enrollment Fair November 6 & 7 at the Community Center. It will be open from 8:30am to 5pm. If you missed your opportunity for coverage, this is a chance to sign up for health insurance, supplemental insurance, flexible spending plan, and 401K. Information sessions will be held both days and Comp & Benefits staff will be available.