Community Calendar for Thursday October 4, 2018
- Warm Springs Community Health Nursing will be providing flu shots in the community. Today they will be on the campus by OSU Extension from 9am until noon and tomorrow from 9am to 4pm on the campus by the Post Office. Look for the Community Health Mobile Medical Unit.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Functional Fitness class at 10:45am in the Community Center Social Hall; volleyball at noon in the gym; and Insanity class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: stuffed pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes & gravy, glazed carrots and fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- Madras High School volleyball squads have home matches today against Corbett – freshman and JV play at 4:30 and varsity at 6; boys JV soccer hosts Summit at 4 while boys varsity soccer hosts Corbett also at 4; the varsity girls’ soccer team plays at Corbett
- Art Adventure Gallery will have an opening reception this evening for its new exhibit “Treaty of 1855 – Our Connection to the River, featuring Aurolyn Stwyer.” The public is welcome. It starts at 5:30 at the gallery 185 SW 5th Street in Madras.
- The Third Annual Air Time Music Festival is tomorrow at noon and Saturday at 1pm in the Erickson Aircraft Collection Hangar. It’s a family friendly event open to all ages featuring honky tonk, rag time, country, bluegrass, folk and jazz. There will be jam sessions both days. Children 12 & under are free.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center is showing the movie “The Post,” rated PG-13 tomorrow at 7:30pm. Films are free and shown at the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library.
- A memorial for Warm Springs Firefighters will be held this Saturday at the Agency Longhouse. Lunch will be at noon. Recognition and an honor song will be at 2. Fire Management Families of those who have walked on are asked to bring a portrait of their loved one for the honor song. Elders will talk at 3 and its open mike at 5. This will honor all past fire management staff and firefighters who are gone. For more information, contact Luther Clements.
- The OSU Benny the Beaver Bash and 4-H Kickoff will take place on Saturday at Sahalee Park in Madras. It is free and open to the public. There is also a 5k color run and a carrot cake baking contest that are both open for registration. The 5k Color Run starts at 9am and will be followed by the celebration in the park from 10-2:00. There will be all kinds of hands-on activities for kids of all ages.
The Possibilities Thrift Store changing its hours. They are now open only Monday thru Friday 9:30-5:30 and closed Saturday & Sunday. They will now only accept donations Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30-3:30.
Bend Film will show films at the Madras Performing Arts Center October 12-14 – part of the 15th Annual Bend Film Festival. Tickets are $5. The filmmakers will be present for each film. And, special guests will be attending – the only 2-time Sundance Film Festival Winner Ondi Timoner and actor Adam Beach.
Weeble Mountain Casting Agency is looking for Pacific Northwest and other Natives to be extras in an upcoming feature film. The project is called “First Cow.” They are looking for talent of all ages, including infants and kids. The shoot dates are November 2nd through December 11th in the Portland and Eugene areas. Pay is $12/hour with a minimum of 8 hours work guaranteed. To sign up you can go to https://weeblemountain.com/