Community Calendar for Tuesday October 2, 2018
- The “50 Days of Fitness” Community Cardio Challenge registrations are being done in Warm Springs today. Categories are individual female, individual male and any mix 4-person teams. It is $10 per person and open to anyone 18 and older who lives or works in Jefferson County and on the Warm Springs Reservation. You can sign up today at the Warm Springs clinic kitchen conference room between 10am and 2pm and tomorrow at Jefferson County Public Health in Madras between 7:30am and 5:30pm.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is venison stew with corn bread & fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The 50th Anniversary Cowdeo is October 20 at the Jefferson County Fair Complex. Registration is open today from noon to 6pm at the Fairgrounds office or call 541-325-5050. Events are sheep, calf and cow riding, goat tail un-decorating, barrels, scurry race, horseless calf roping, breakaway roping, keyhole, chicken scramble and stick horse race.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- Madras High School Girls Soccer has home matches at 4:00 today versus Estacada; Boys soccer and the volleyball squads all travel to Estacada High School
- Warm Springs K-8 Volleyball is at home today vs. Obsidian
- There is an Indianpreneurship Class this evening from 5:30-7:30 at the Community Action Team office. They will cover Chapter 6, “Finding Your Place.” Dinner is provided.
- The Community Healing Gathering tonight has been postponed to a later date.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- There is a Seekseequa District meeting to discuss the Baseline resolution and referendum this evening at Seekseequa Fire Hall. And, the Simnasho District meeting is tomorrow at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinners will be provided at each meeting at 6pm, meetings follow at 7:00.
The Branch of Forestry is seeking tribal member input for the proposed Willow Summit Forest Vegetation Management and Timber Sale Project. There will be a public meeting and field tour on Wednesday October 10 at starting at 9am at the HeHe Longhouse. Transportation to HeHe will leave the Tribal Administration building and Simnasho Longhouse at 8 that morning.