Community Calendar for Tuesday October 30, 2018
- Madras High School Boys Soccer is hosting a first round playoff game today at 2pm. They will be playing Mac High and that game will be broadcast here on KWSO.
- There’s a Domestic Violence Awareness walk this morning at 10:30 from the Victims of Crime Services office to the community center. Fruit and water will be given to participants.
- There is Functional Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 in the Community Center social hall; Volleyball at noon in the gym; Insanity class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and men’s open gym tonight from 6:30-8:50.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is chicken & dumplings with biscuits, steamed broccoli, green salad and fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- The Pathways Home: Native Homeownership Course meets this evening from 5:30-7:30 at the Tribal Credit Enterprise. It will cover module 5, finding a home.
- Indianpreneurship Class also meets this evening from 5:30-7:30 at the Community Action Team office. They will cover Chapter 10, “Gathering Resources.” Dinner is provided.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from 5:30-7pm at the Culture & Heritage Building.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- The Seekseequa District meeting schduled for tonight has been cancelled and will be rescheduled.
Wednesday 10/31 Halloween
- At the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center the Commission Corps are hosting a Veteran’s Luncheon tomorrow. All Veterans are welcome.
- Warm Springs K-8 Football has a game vs. JCMS at the Madras High School football stadium at 4:30 tomorrow. The concessions will be open during the football games. The MHS Drama Club is fundraising for this year’s plays.
- ECE’s Lil’ Pumpkins Parade will be at 10am tomorrow.
- Warm Springs Recreation’s Employee Costume Contest is at noon tomorrow at the community center.
- The Zombie Walk is also at noon tomorrow at the community Center.
- An Elder’s Halloween Luncheon is at noon tomorrow. They will have a costume contest and a meal. Elders eat for free – non-elders pay $5.
- Warm Springs Recreation’s 40th Annual Halloween carnival at the Community Center will have a theme based on the movie Grease! They will have Trunk or Treat behind the Community Center from 4-6:00. And the carnival and costume contest is from 6-8:00. Costume categories are best T-Bird, best Pink Lady, best Cheerleader, best Danny & Sandy and spookiest costume.
- Simnasho’s Annual Halloween Party will be at the Simnasho Fire Hall. They will meet at 5:30 to go trick or treating around the loop. Families who live outside of the community are welcome to bring treats and pick a spot to hand out. There is a potluck dinner and games starting at 6:30. Everyone is welcome.
- The Asylum Haunted House will be open on Halloween from 6:30-10:30 at the Forestry Warehouse in the Industrial Park. Entry is free, and they will take canned food donations and donations to go towards next year’s haunted house. New this year – a haunted house for younger kids.
- There is no school this Thursday and Friday for 509-J students. Teachers will be working on grades!
- A Survivors of Suicide Conference will be held in Warm Springs – Thursday for adults and Friday for youth. The conference is from 8-5 at the agency longhouse and will be conducted by Dr. Clayton Small (Northern Cheyenne.) For more information contact Rosanna Jackson at 541-615-0036.
- The Let’s Talk Diversity Coalition is doing a Cultural Awareness Training class on November 8. The training will provide insight on how poverty specifically affects the health of your clients, customers, students, family and community members. It’s from 9am to 3:30 in Madras. You can get more info and register online or contact Jesus at 541-475-4292. The registration deadline is this Thursday.
- Volunteers are being recruited for the 2019 Warm Springs Point-In-Time Survey Coordinating Committee. Anyone interested should attend an information session on Thursday at the Family Resource Center conference room from 5:30-7pm. A light meal will be served. For more information contact Buffy at 541-615-0141.