Community Calendar for Tuesday October 9, 2018
- Warm Springs Community Health Nursing will be providing flu shots in the community today at the Senior Center from 11:30 until 1:30 and tomorrow look for them at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy Open House from 4:30-7:30.
- Here is today’s Fitness Calendar: Functional Fitness class at 10:45am in the Community Center social hall; volleyball is at noon in the gym; and Insanity Class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is lukamean, baked potatoes, green salad, non-fried bread and fruit salad. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- Warm Springs K-8 Volleyball is at home vs. Elton Gregory today
- The next Pathways Home: Native Homeownership Course begins this evening from 5:30-7:30 at the Tribal Credit Enterprise. To sign up call 553-3148. This course is required for anyone in the Community Action Team’s IDA Program for home ownership. The first class will cover modules 1 and 2, exploring home ownership and mortgages.
- There is an Indianpreneurship Class this evening from 5:30-7:30pm at the Community Action Team office. They will cover Chapter 7, “The Quest for Order.” Dinner is provided.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- The Branch of Forestry is seeking tribal member input for the proposed Willow Summit Forest Vegetation Management and Timber Sale Project. There will be a public meeting and field tour tomorrow starting at 9am at the HeHe Longhouse. Transportation to HeHe will leave the Tribal Administration building and Simnasho Longhouse at 8 that morning.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy’s open house is tomorrow from 5-7pm. Dinner will be provided from 5-6:00. You can visit with teachers in classrooms from 5:15-7. The Middle School scavenger hunt, native language sign-ups, help with Pick-Up Patrol and flu shots will be available from 5-7. And, special guest Actor Adam Beach will be in the community room with films from the Adam Beach Institute from 5:30-6:30.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School football this Thursday. They host Scio. Kickoff is at 7pm and you can hear the game live on 91.9fm.
Three Warriors Market has changed to its winter hours. It’s open Monday through Thursday 7am to 7pm; Friday from 7am-6pm; and Saturday & Sunday from 8am to 6pm.
Transportation will be provided from Warm Springs to the Performing Arts Center for the BendFilm Festival movies this Friday and there will be a couple runs on Saturday. Free admission bracelets will be given out on the bus and KWSO will also have bracelets available for anyone interested on Thursday and Friday. Be listening for details about the bus and film schedule.
Weeble Mountain Casting Agency is looking for Pacific Northwest and other Natives to be extras in an upcoming feature film. The project is called “First Cow.” They are looking for talent of all ages, including infants and kids. The shoot dates are November 2nd through December 11th in the Portland and Eugene areas. Pay is $12/hour with a minimum of 8 hours work guaranteed. To sign up you can go https://weeblemountain.com/ or visit their Facebook page.
District meetings on the proposed 2019 Tribal Budget have been set. The Simnasho District Meeting is on October 17. The Agency District meeting will be on October 29 and Seekseequa District meeting on October 30.