Community Calendar for Wednesday October 10, 2018
- The Branch of Forestry is seeking tribal member input for the proposed Willow Summit Forest Vegetation Management and Timber Sale Project. They are having a public meeting and field tour this morning at 9:00 at the HeHe Longhouse. Transportation to HeHe will leave the Tribal Administration building and Simnasho Longhouse at 8 this morning.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: breaded cod, wild rice pilaf and fruit smoothies.
- There is noon basketball in the gym today; Functional Fitness at 12:10 in the Community Center aerobics room; and PIYO at 12:10 at the clinic.
- Madras High School volleyball has home matches today versus Gladstone – freshman & JV are at 4:30 and varsity at 6; girls soccer hosts North Marion at 4:00 and boys soccer is on the road to play at North Marion. JV football plays at Gladstone High School.
- Warm Springs K-8 Cross Country has a meet with La Pine at La Pine High School today at 2pm. Football has a game at Hines at 4:30.
- Warm Springs K-8 Academy’s open house is this evening from 5-7pm. Dinner will be provided from 5-6:00. You can visit with teachers in classrooms from 5:15-7. The Middle School scavenger hunt, native language sign-ups, help with Pick-Up Patrol and flu shots will be available from 5-7. And, special guest Actor Adam Beach will be in the community room with films from the Adam Beach Institute from 5:30-6:30.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School football tomorrow. They host Scio. Kickoff is at 7pm and you can hear the game live on 91.9fm.
- There is no school this Friday – it is a statewide in-service day.
- Indian Head Casino & Plateau Travel Plaza are putting on a Cancer Awareness Poker Walk to benefit Relay for Life this Friday at noon at the Warm Springs Community Center. There will be gift cards awarded for 1st-4th They will also be selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts, have light snacks, a prize wheel, balloon release and health screening at the Community Center.
- Bend Film will show films at the Madras Performing Arts Center this weekend – part of the 15th Annual Bend Film Festival. The filmmakers will be present for each film. Transportation will be provided from Warm Springs to the Performing Arts Center on Friday and there will be a couple runs on Saturday. Free admission bracelets will be given out on the bus and KWSO will also have bracelets available for anyone interested on Thursday and Friday. Be listening for details about the bus and film schedule.
“People of the River, People of the Salmon: Then, Now and Tomorrow” a Treaty Conference in celebration of The Museum at Warm Springs’ 25th anniversary, will take place Oct. 25 through Oct. 27 at the Museum. Information and registration is available online.
The Veterans Day Parade in Warm Springs is on November 10. They are calling on kids to march for veterans in red white or blue. Lineup begins at 10am at the old school. The parade starts at 11.