Community Calendar for Wednesday October 3, 2018
- Today is the last day to sign up for the “50 Days of Fitness” Community Cardio Challenge. Categories are individual female, individual male and any mix 4-person teams. It is $10 per person and open to anyone 18 and older who lives or works in Jefferson County and on the Warm Springs Reservation. Folks can register at Jefferson County Public Health in Madras between 7:30am and 5:30pm today.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: smoked salmon salad & fruit smoothies.
- Madras High School 10/3 MHS Sports: Girls JV Soccer hosts Summit at 4:30
- Warm Springs K-8 Football has a home game vs. Sisters at 4:30. And, Warm Springs K-8 Cross Country has a meet with Crook County at City Park in Prineville at 3:45.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- There is a Simnasho District meeting to discuss the Baseline resolution and referendum this evening at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner is at 6pm, the meeting at 7:00.
- The Third Annual Air Time Music Festival is this Friday at noon and Saturday at 1pm in the Erickson Aircraft Collection Hangar. It’s a family friendly event open to all ages featuring honky tonk, rag time, country, bluegrass, folk and jazz. There will be jam sessions both days. Children 12 & under are free.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center is showing the movie “The Post,” rated PG-13 this Friday at 7:30pm. Films are free and shown at the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library.
The OSU Benny Bash and 4-H Kickoff is this Saturday at Sahalee Park in Madras. It is free and open to the public. There is also a 5k color run and a carrot cake baking contest that are both open for registration. The 5k Color Run starts at 9am and will be followed by the celebration in the park from 10-2:00. There will be all kinds of hands-on activities for kids of all ages.
A free legal clinic will be taking intakes on October 8th at the Warm Springs Community Action Team Office from 10am – 3pm. Eligible clients will receive a free 45-60 minute consultation with an attorney to discuss any legal issues. To find out if you qualify, call Rayven at 971.703.7108. The clinic is being provided by Karnopp Petersen LLP and Legal Aid Services of Oregon.
The next Pathways Home: Native Homeownership Course will begin October 9th. Classes will be Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7:30 at the Tribal Credit Enterprise. To sign up call 553-3148. This course is required for anyone in the Community Action Team’s IDA Program for home ownership.
The Warm Springs Police Department has an Anonymous Crime Tip Line 541-553-2202. If you have information about criminal activity and wish to report without identifying yourself, call this Tip Line to leave a message. There is no caller ID used on this line – you can remain completely anonymous. The number is 553-2202.