Community Calendar for Friday November 2, 2018
- There is no school today for 509-J Students.
- The Domestic Violence Awareness Walk is this afternoon at 2:00 starting in front of the VOCS office and walking a lap around the campus.
- A Survivors of Suicide Conference for youth is being held at the Agency Longhouse from 8-5. It is being conducted by Dr. Clayton Small (Northern Cheyenne.)
- A Veteran’s Summit is being held today from 9am – 4pm at the Warm Springs Community Center.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: salmon patties, potatoes au gratin, green salad and fruit.
- There is noon hoops at the gym today; Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room; and PIYO class at 12:10 in the clinic atrium.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Madras High School Football is on the road in a first round playoff game tonight at Rainier. You can year that game live here on KWSO!
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show the movie “Ethel and Earnest” tonight at 7:30. Films are free and shown at the Rodriguez Annex, behind the library in Madras.
Sunday DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ENDS – Set your clocks back an hour before you go to bed on Saturday night.
The Warm Springs K-8 Academy Book Fair is next week in the community room during school hours. Wednesday and Thursday it will be open during parent conferences.
An after School Academic Enrichment program at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy will begin Monday. Registered K-8 students will be provided a meal, participate in physical activity, receive an hour of math and literacy support, followed by one of a self-chosen elective or Native language. Attendance of four nights a week from 3:30-6:00 will be required. Students will be bussed home after. Students should have brought an application home from school. If not, contact the WSK8 Academy.
The Agency & Seekseequa District meetings on the Proposed 2019 Tribal Budget have been rescheduled. Agency is on Monday November 5 at the Agency Longhouse. Seekseequa is on Tuesday November 6 at Seekseequa Fire Hall. Dinners are at 6, the meetings at 7.
The Veterans Day Parade in Warm Springs is on November 10. They are calling on kids to march for veterans in red white or blue. Lineup begins at 10am at the old school. The parade starts at 11.
A memorial for David Hamilton Johnson will take place Saturday November 10 at the Burns Paiute Tribe Gathering Center in Burns, OR. They will meet at 10am at the Gathering Center to go to the cemetery for the stone revealing at 10:30. A meal and giveaway will follow at noon. All friends and relatives are welcome.
Chemawa Indian School in Salem will host a Veteran’s Powwow on November 10. Grand entries are at 1:00 & 6:00 in the gym. They are looking for food vendors – call 503-399-5721 for more info.