- Warm Springs Early Childhood Education will be closed for children on Tuesday. Families will need to make other arrangements for child care. ECE Staff should report to work.
- The Comp & Benefits and Open Enrollment Fair is cancelled for today and tomorrow and will be rescheduled
- The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs have issued a boil water notice which means all residences and businesses in the Agency Area, Sunnyside & Upper Dry Creek, as a safety precaution, SHOULD BRING TAP WATER TO A ROLLING BOIL. BOIL FOR ONE MINUTE AND COOL BEFORE USING. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, washing dishes, brushing teeth and preparing food UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Repairs to the 14 inch water main break will begin in the morning (11/6/18) and should be completed within 24 hours. It will take an additional 5-6 hours for the water system to recharge.
- The Warm Springs I.H.S. clinic will be providing only limited services until water is fully restored. MINIMAL staff available will be available only in medical, pharmacy, and lab.
- A reminder for homes & buildings should turn off their water heaters at the breaker until water is restored.
- Bottle water is available at the old Elementary School Cafeteria and after hours – at the Fire Hall for residents that do not have any water.
- Portable Toilets have been placed near community buildings and in neighborhoods.
- Today is Election Day and registered Oregon voters have until 8pm to return their ballots to the County Clerk’s office or to an official ballot drop box. In Warm Springs, that is located across the street from the Post Office.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy Book Fair is going on all this week in the community room during school hours. Wednesday and Thursday it will be open during parent conferences.
- There is Insanity class at 12:10 today in the aerobics room and men’s open gym tonight from 6:30-8:50.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling.
- The Pathways Home: Native Homeownership Course is tonight from 5:30-7:30pm at the Tribal Credit Enterprise. It will cover module 6, applying for a home loan.
- There is an Indianpreneurship Class also this evening from 5:30-7:30pm at the Community Action Team office. They will cover Chapters 11 & 12, “Dreams Into Action & Graduation.” Dinner is provided.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from 5:30-7pm at the Culture & Heritage Building.
- KWSO will broadcast the Madras Boys Soccer game at Woodburn this evening at 6pm. This is an OSAA state championship semifinal contest.
- Listen to KWSO after the game for election results.
- The Seekseequa District meeting on the Proposed 2019 Tribal Budget is tonight at Seekseequa Fire Hall. Dinner is at 6, the meeting at 7.
- There will be a Mt. Hood Meadows clothing giveaway tomorrow afternoon starting at 2pm in the front breezeway at the Community Center. There will be Meadows Uniform Jackets and assorted other winter items. First come, first served.
- Art Adventure Gallery will have an opening reception for its newest exhibit “Observed, Imagined & Remembered” by Erik Sandgren this Thursday from 5:30-7pm at the gallery located at 185 SE 5th Street in Madras.
Warm Springs will begin its Veteran’s Day celebration on Saturday with a lunch at the Agency Longhouse with author Paul Rosier who wrote “Serving Their Country”. Mr. Rosier will share the history of the many tribes who served in combat. Kids are welcome to color their posters for the parade, and artists can set up their tables FREE OF CHARGE. On Sunday at 11am, church bells will signal the town to stop for a moment of silence in remembrance of those who were killed in action. On Sunday from noon to 2:00 will be parade decorating, lineup and judging. At 2pm, the parade will start from the old elementary school. For more information call (541) 460-8212 or visit W S A L A 48 dot org.
The 43rd Annual Warm Springs Christmas Bazaar is on Saturday December 8 at the Community Center from 10am to 4pm. To reserve a table call 553-3243.
The Museum at Warm Springs is taking submissions for the Tribal Member Art Exhibit. The deadline is November 16 at 5pm. Applications are available at the Museum. Contact Natalie Kirk for more information.