Community Calendar for Thursday December 6, 2018
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior breakfast this morning at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- Today there is Functional Fitness class at 10:45 in the Community Center social hall; volleyball at noon in the gym; Insanity class at 12:10 in the aerobics room; and open gym for men from 6:30-8:50pm.
- Warm Springs K8 Boys Basketball will host Sisters today. The first game is at 3:30.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- The opening reception for the Tribal Member Art Exhibit at the Museum at Warm Springs is this evening from 5:30-7:30.
- Warm Springs Recreation’s ”Mickey & Friends” Car Light Parade is tonight. Line-up will begin at 4:00, judging is at 5 and the parade gets going at 6:00.
- The “Miracle on Fifth Street” Christmas event is this evening in downtown Madras from 5-7:00. Each shop will decorate a tree for people to view and vote for the favorites with donations, which will go to local charities.
- Art Adventure Gallery’s December Exhibit will feature John Scheideman, Sharon Bean, Pat Dinsmoor and Edward Heath. The opening reception is this evening from 5:30-7pm at the gallery located on 5th Street in Madras.
- The Warm Springs Presbyterian Church’s Christmas Bazaar is tomorrow from 10 to 3:00. Indian Tacos will be ready for sale at 11.
- The Madras Saturday Market Holiday Market is tomorrow from noon to 7pm and Saturday 9am to 4pm at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Madras.
- Tomorrow is the deadline for forms for kids who would like to receive a gift from the Warm Springs Toy Drive. You can download the form from KWSO.org or contact Lorien Stacona at 541-615-0143.
- Tomorrow is the deadline for entries for the 55th Annual Warm Springs All-Indian Men’s Holiday Basketball Tourney, December 26-29 at the Community Center. You can contact Director Austin Greene at 541-553-1953 or the Recreation Office.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center will have a holiday film party tomorrow at 7:30pm. It will show The Shop Around the Corner – a 1940 romantic comedy starring Margaret Sullivan and James Stewart. The film is free and holiday refreshments will be available. Films are shown in the Rodriguez Annex next to the library in Madras.
- Buff Elementary School is holding a fundraising Breakfast with Santa on Saturday from 9-11am. The cost is $5 per person or $20 per family of five. You can take your own picture with Santa for free.
- The 43rd Annual Warm Springs Christmas Bazaar is on Saturday at the Community Center from 10am to 4pm.
- The 5th annual Holiday Gala at the Performing Arts Center is this Saturday at 7pm at the Madras Performing Arts Center.
The Warm Springs Police Department has an Anonymous Crime Tip Line 541-553-2202. If you have information about criminal activity and wish to report without identifying yourself, call this Tip Line to leave a message.
The Vocational Rehabilitation Program office has moved to the Old Girls’ Dorm. Check in at the Culture & Heritage office for assistance.
The Jefferson County Winter Shelter provides a safe cold weather shelter in Madras. The shelter will be open at the First Baptist Church, located on 6th Street, for the month of December from 6pm to 7am on especially cold nights. Call 541-325-2478 to find out if the shelter will be open.
The Warm Springs K8 Winter Concert for Kinder, first and second grades is at 2:30 next Friday December 14 in the school gym. The middle school band concert is December 19 at 6pm and concert for 3-5 grades is on December 21 at 2:30.
Warm Springs Fire Prevention and Health & Human Services are doing the 2018 Toy Drive in Warm Springs. They are accepting toy donations thru December 16. They can be dropped off at the Tribal Administration Building, ECE and at the Admin office at I H S.
Operation Rudolph donation boxes have been placed at several Madras locations. You can donate new toys for local youth this Christmas at: Bi-mart, Erickson’s, Les Schwab, Mid Oregon Credit Union, Payne West, MAC, St. Charles, Chinook Place, Plateau Travel Plaza, MHS, US Bank, Columbia State Bank, Washington Federal Bank, Mail Copies & More, Grocery Outlet and Dance Arts Studio.
Columbia Bank is holding a Warm Hearts Campaign to raise money and collect winter clothing for the local homeless population. It is collecting money, coats, hats, scarves, mittens and socks for the Jefferson County Winter Shelter through the end of December. It is also putting together toiletry bags for folks staying at the shelter.
KWSO’s “end of the year sustaining membership drive” is underway. You can show your support for KWSO, by going online to KWSO.org. Click on the CONTRIBUTE NOW button and become a sustaining member for either 10 or 20 dollars a month. When you sign up you get a t-shirt or a mug. Thanks for considering a sustaining membership in support of Warm Springs Community Radio!