- Tribal Offices, Indian Health Service and the Boys and Girls Club of Warm Springs are closed today and will be open again tomorrow regular hours.
- Warm Springs Sanitation will do its normal trash pickup routes tomorrow plus Quail Trail, Juniper Street, Sunrise, Bear Drive and Looksh Street.
- Warm Springs Head Start reopens tomorrow.
- 509J students return to school return next Monday (1/7)
- The Warm Springs Land Use Planning Committee meets tomorrow from 9-noon in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program funds are available in Warm Springs. Go by the Social Services office at the Commodity Warehouse for an application.
- The MAC Recreation District is taking registrations for its Adult Basketball Leagues. It will run January to March. The registration deadline is on January 5th. For more information and registration, go to MAC Rec District dot com. Scholarship applications for MAC activities are available online and at the Madras Aquatic Center.
- The Jefferson County Winter Shelter provides a safe cold weather shelter this winter in Madras. The shelter will be open at the Madras Free Methodist Church on especially cold night from 6pm to 7am. Call 541-325-2478 to find out if the shelter will be open.
- The Warm Springs Fish & Wildlife Committee meets Thursday from 3-5pm in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
- Madras High Wrestlers travel to a meet at Mountain View Thursday at 5:00
- This Friday US Senator for Oregon Jeff Merkley will hold his Jefferson County Town Hall at 11am at the Madras Performing Arts Center. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Lady White Buffalo basketball squads play at Mountain View Friday ; Boys freshman, JV & Varsity host Mountain view at 4, 5:30 and 7 – that Varsity game will be broadcast here on KWSO.
COCC’s Winter Term Adult Basic Skills classes in Warm Springs will begin the week of January 7. Go to a class Monday the 7th or Wednesday the 9th to register for Communications. Attend next Tuesday or Thursday to register for Math. This orientation is required to enroll in the classes. Orientations are those days in Warm Springs at 1pm at the Education Building. Orientations will also be held those afternoons at 5:45pm in room 117 at the Madras COCC Campus.
The 2019 Movin’ Mountain Slimdown Challenge will run January 17 – May 11. Cash awards will be given out for 2-person teams and individual divisions. It is open to anyone 18 years or older who lives or works in in Jefferson County and on the Warm Springs Reservation. Registration and assessments will be taken at the Warm Springs clinic on Thursday January 17 from 8-5:00 and in Madras Friday January 18 from 8-6 and Saturday January 19 from 9am to 2pm at the Jefferson County Public Health Department. If you are unable to make those dates, contact Carolyn Harvey at 541-475-4456. The last day to pay is January 19.