Community Calendar for Friday January 4, 2019
- There are still some small and extra small sizes of Columbia coats and jackets available at Warm Springs Social Services. Anyone receiving a coat will need to be present to try it on.
- US Senator for Oregon Jeff Merkley will hold his Jefferson County Town Hall this morning at 11:00 at the Madras Performing Arts Center.
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants are invited to eat brunch.
- There is noon hoops today at the gym. There’s also Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room; and PIYO class at 12:10 in the clinic atrium.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Today in Madras High School Sports: the girls’ basketball squads play at Mountain View; Boys freshman, JV & Varsity host Mountain view at 4, 5:30 and 7. Listen to KWSO for the boys varsity game. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
- The Jefferson County Community Film Center’s film tonight at 7:30 is Won’t You Be My Neighbor, a documentary on the life and guiding philosophy of Fred Rogers, the host and creator of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood. Films are free to watch at the Rodriguez Annex next to the library in Madras.
- Tomorrow is the deadline to register for the MAC Recreation District Adult Basketball Leagues. It will run January to March. You can register online or at the MAC.
COCC’s Winter Term Adult Basic Skills classes in Warm Springs begin next week. Orientation classes are required to register. On Monday & Wednesday, you can sign up for Communications and Tuesday and Thursday are for Math. The orientations are at 1pm at the Education Building and for Madras classes at 5:45 in room 117 at the Madras COCC Campus.
The Museum at Warm Springs is inviting tribal youth artists to submit their work for the 26th Annual Tribal Youth Art Exhibit. The deadline will be February 1 at 5pm. An opening reception is planned for the evening of February 7. For more information, contact Natalie Kirk at the Museum.
\A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer is in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center on the 3rd Tuesday of each month – that will be January 18. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
There will be a Simnasho District meeting to update district members on Kah-nee-ta. It has been set for January 22 at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner is at 6, meeting at 7pm.