Community Calendar for Monday January 7, 2019
- It’s back to school from winter break today for 509-J schools. It’s also a late start Monday!
- Tribal Council is in session today. On the agenda this morning are updates from Bureau of Indian Affairs and Office of Special Trustee, Realty Items and an Executive Session. This afternoon there is a legislative update conference call and updates from tribal attorneys.
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat brunch after.
- Today’s Warm Springs Fitness activities include: noon hoops at the gym; Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the aerobics room; PIYO at 12:10 at the clinic atrium; and Women’s open gym this evening from 6-7:50.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- COCC’s Winter Term Adult Basic Skills classes in Warm Springs and Madras will hold orientation sessions this week. To enroll in the Communications class, attend today or Wednesday. To sign up for Math, go on Tuesday or Thursday. These will be the only opportunities to register. The orientations are at 1pm at the Education Building in Warm Springs or at 5:45pm at the Madras COCC Campus.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- Aglow Bible Study is this evening at High Lookee Lodge from 6:15-7:30. Everyone is welcome.
- The Range & Ag Committee meets tomorrow from 10am til noon in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
- There is an Agency District Tribal Council candidates forum Wednesday at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 6 and the Forum will run from 7-9pm. Tribal Council Election Day is set for April 4th.
Social dance classes are held on Thursdays at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball Friday when the boys host Valley Catholic. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
The Jefferson County Winter Shelter will be open at the Madras Free Methodist Church on South Adams Drive from 6pm to 7am on especially cold nights. Call 541-325-2478 to find out if the shelter will be open.