Community Calendar for Sunday January 6, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Tribal Council will be in session tomorrow. Agenda items are: Bureau of Indian Affairs Update; an update from the Office of Special Trustee; Realty Items and then an Executive Session. In the afternoon will be a Legislative Update Conference Call, followed by updates from Tribal Attorneys.
- COCC’s Winter Term Adult Basic Skills classes in Warm Springs and Madras will hold orientation sessions this week. To enroll in the Communications class, attend Monday or Wednesday. To sign up for Math, go on Tuesday or Thursday. These will be the only opportunities to register. The orientations are at 1pm at the Education Building in Warm Springs or at 5:45pm at the Madras COCC Campus.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Range & Ag Committee meets on Tuesday from 10am til noon in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
There is an Agency District Tribal Council candidates forum this Wednesday at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 6 and the Forum will run from 7-9pm. Tribal Council Election Day is set for April 4th.
Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball Friday when the boys host Valley Catholic. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
The Jefferson County Community Film Center’s film this Friday night at 7:30 is Mama Mia! Here We Go Again, rated PG-13. Films are free to watch at the Rodriguez Annex next to the library in Madras.