Community Calendar for Thursday January 10, 2019
- In Warm Springs today, there is Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Community Center social hall; volleyball at noon in the gym; Insanity class at 12:10 in the aerobics room; and open gym for men from 6:30-8:50 tonight.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: Salisbury steaks with mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, salad & fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- Today is the last day to register for COCC’s Winter Term Adult Basic Skills Math classes for Warm Springs and Madras. This required orientation is at 1pm at the Education Building and at 5:45 at the Madras COCC Campus.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- Folks who are interested in volunteering for the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Point In Time Survey can attend an information session today from 5:30-7:30 at the Family Resource Center conference room.
- Warm Springs Sanitation will not be able to provide trash collection services from Culpus Bridge to Upper Dry Creek tomorrow. For those residents, in Upper Dry Creek and Sunnyside there are large dumpsters that community members may use, as well as any of the landfill transfer stations.
- Jefferson County Public Health is having an Open House for the new Jefferson County community website called JeffCoConnects. The Open House is tomorrow at the COCC Madras Computer Lab from 4 to 7 p.m. Users who need assistance with registering for and navigating the site can go through an orientation. The website features a directory, community calendar, news, projects, events, volunteer recruitment and ePress Releases. The website is up now – take a look, it’s www.JeffCoConnects.org.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball tomorrow night when the boys host Valley Catholic. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
- The Jefferson County Community Film Center’s film tomorrow night at 7:30 is Mama Mia! Here We Go Again, rated PG-13. Films are free to watch at the Rodriguez Annex next to the library in Madras.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who plan to apply for the Tribal Scholarship that you should apply for FAFSA, the State Need Grant and Oregon Opportunity Grant before March 1st to be eligible for more funding. The Tribal Scholarship Early Bird deadline is May 1st – students who turn in application packets by this date will be eligible for certain school supplies. The regular deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
The Tribal Employment Rights Office is asking people to update their skills surveys for 2019. Skills surveys are available at TERO, located in the Ventures office in the Industrial Park and at the Tribal Personnel Department. TERO will announce training and community meetings prior to the start of the 2019 construction season. FMI: 541-615-0853 or stop by the office.