Community Calendar for Thursday January 3, 2019
- There is a Rope Beading Class today at the Simnasho Longhouse from 10-4:00. It’s for youth 10 and older and all supplies and lunches are provided.
- Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- In Warm Springs today, there is Functional Fitness class at 10:45 in the Community Center social hall; volleyball at noon in the gym; and Insanity class at 12:10 in the aerobics room.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- Madras High School Wrestlers travel to a meet at Mountain View today at 5:00
- The Fish & Wildlife Committee meets this afternoon from 3-5 in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
- Jefferson County Community Film Center’s film tomorrow night at 7:30 is Won’t You Be My Neighbor, a documentary on the life and guiding philosophy of Fred Rogers, the host and creator of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood. Films are free to watch at the Rodriguez Annex next to the library in Madras.
- US Senator for Oregon Jeff Merkley will hold his Jefferson County Town Hall tomorrow at 11am at the Madras Performing Arts Center.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball tomorrow when the boys host Mountain View. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
- This Saturday is the deadline to sign up for the MAC Recreation District dult Basketball Leagues. It will run January to March. You can get more information, register and get scholarship applications online .
The Museum at Warm Springs is inviting tribal youth artists to submit their work for the 26th Annual Tribal Youth Art Exhibit. The deadline will be February 1 at 5pm. An opening reception is planned for the evening of February 7. For more information, contact Natalie Kirk at the Museum.
The Jefferson County Winter Shelter provides a safe cold weather shelter in Madras. The shelter is located at the Madras Free Methodist Church from 6pm to 7am on especially cold nights. Call 541-325-2478 to find out if the shelter will be open.